XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

xbox has not bought a bunch of great studios.  they bought 1 great studio and some B-teir studios.  

only harden fanboys will buy an xbox on promises.  the rest of the market will only buy if and when they show up.  

...and even if there is a great game it can't be just a onnce in a gen thing.  RE 4 couldn't save GC and obsidian can't save series x.  ..especially with how many non-series x ways that one good obsidian game could be played.
Don't become an obsidian fanboy on us lol. Avowed looks like it could be great but the new bethesda studios are a much bigger deal.

Xevross

xbox has not bought a bunch of great studios.  they bought 1 great studio and some B-teir studios.  

only harden fanboys will buy an xbox on promises.  the rest of the market will only buy if and when they show up.  

...and even if there is a great game it can't be just a onnce in a gen thing.  RE 4 couldn't save GC and obsidian can't save series x.  ..especially with how many non-series x ways that one good obsidian game could be played.
Yeah the early hardcore buys a console anyway, judging on last gen that seems to stretch to about 5 million for xbox worldwide. After that the games need to start arriving, people who only care about 3rd party will be fine but it seriously looks like next year is going to be bad for xbox with exclusives. Halo should still make it but most Halo fans are the harcore xbox fans who'll have the system anyway most people have lost faith in the franchise and this game.

Like you said, people will only show up when the games do, xbox will be coming from behind in terms of exclusives right from the word go this gen. People will keep buying PS5 because they know it has, Demon's Souls, Spidey, R&C, Sackboy, Horizon, Gran Turismo, God of War etc. already on it from next year onwards, even if xbox starts to catch up with bethesda's output, PS5 will always have that base of system sellers from the first year that will be enough to sell the console if there's ever any price drop or future game release that tips people over the edge.

Don't become an obsidian fanboy on us lol. Avowed looks like it could be great but the new bethesda studios are a much bigger deal.
Combined they are for sure, it depends what you'd class as A and B tier studios. If you reserve A tier for only the very best in the business then kitler is right (although I wouldn't put Obsidian in that A tier either).

kitler53

Combined they are for sure, it depends what you'd class as A and B tier studios. If you reserve A tier for only the very best in the business then kitler is right (although I wouldn't put Obsidian in that A tier either).
i mean they are no Rockstar or Naughty dog.    But they are at least as good as killzone era GG and infamous era Sucker Punch.   The south park games and fallout new las vegas were great games.

With an upper management that stays the fudge out of their way I think they are fully capable of having their next game elevated to a horizon or GoT level.   That's a thing I wouldn't say about double fine for instance.   Honestly I think MS mostly wants smaller more frequent releases or GaaS anyways and they won't let too many of their studios really go for the big AAA games.   Obsidian might actually be allowed to go big and that's part of why i think they'll have the best games on xbox.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

Not sure if personal expectation or something that's happening. Sounds like MS is moving from Xbox Live all in on gamepass.
I had a feeling this was going to happen.  They failed to get Live working for PC.  If they want crossplay, they're going to have to get rid of payed online.

Legend

I had a feeling this was going to happen.  They failed to get Live working for PC.  If they want crossplay, they're going to have to get rid of payed online.
I don't think it's actually happening. Just pushing gamepass ultimate instead.

kitler53

I don't think it's actually happening. Just pushing gamepass ultimate instead.
yeah, if they were changing they would have announced by now.  i want to say there was some sort of denial of this tweet anyways. 

Legend

Legend

Better I think.

kitler53

yes. much better.  not so dang busy. 

the-pi-guy

Legend

Buy Xbox One S 1TB Console (previous model) - Microsoft Store

I'm sure it's old news but it's really funny they have to call it the previous model because of confusion.

Dr. Pezus

Buy Xbox One S 1TB Console (previous model) - Microsoft Store

I'm sure it's old news but it's really funny they have to call it the previous model because of confusion.
Imagine PS4 (previous model)

darkknightkryta

I read that AMD switch.  I wonder if the OG Xbox would have been better with the planned Athlon vs the Celeron/Pentium hybrid they put in.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Oct 20, 2021, 12:48 AM Last Edit: Oct 20, 2021, 12:54 AM by kitler53
gamepass appears to be around 20 million. 

fewer people subscribed this year then last.

Go Up