XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Either that is a codename for lockhart or it better be a great bundle.

$299 for a basic xbox one would make no sense unless lockhart was like $399.

kitler53

Either that is a codename for lockhart or it better be a great bundle.

$299 for a basic xbox one would make no sense unless lockhart was like $399.
1. $299 is probably the selling price until lockhart ships and then a price drop is implmented.

2. lockhart is going to be at least $399..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Taco Bell/Xbox Series X promotion seems to start september 23 | ResetEra

They did it with One X. But believe more requirements were needed iirc? Now it only requires a drink.

Also it ends november 4  
[/size]

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Time to win again!

the-pi-guy

What if Xbox Series tanks, and MS transitions to Gamepass and all their games go to PS6, PC?  

kitler53

What if Xbox Series tanks, and MS transitions to Gamepass and all their games go to PS6, PC?  
I don't think I can believe it will tank that hard.  

...but one can dream. xD

Legend

It'll be interesting to see if Sony gets scared of pc if Microsoft continues pushing it as their own. Would Sony put their games on gamepass?

kitler53

It'll be interesting to see if Sony gets scared of pc if Microsoft continues pushing it as their own. Would Sony put their games on gamepass?
heck no.  if it comes to it they'll put them on psnow.

Xevross

Oct 29, 2020, 12:01 AM Last Edit: Oct 29, 2020, 12:05 AM by Xevross
Seems unlikely and would be bad, Sony needs some competition in the HD console space.

I don't think we're seeing signs of Series doing bad anyway, its first year might not be strong due to basically 0 exclusives but Bethesda will start paying off hard after that.

I think what we've found in the last couple months though is that Sony are super serious about PS5 and are not waiting around at all. Without the bethesda news it would have been pretty much all one way traffic in terms of hype and coverage. But xbox still have a very solid base and Series S could really do some work if they sell it right.

kitler53

Seems unlikely and would be bad, Sony needs some competition in the HD console space.

I don't think we're seeing signs of Series doing bad anyway, its first year might not be strong due to basically 0 exclusives but Bethesda will start paying off hard after that.

I think what we've found in the last couple months though is that Sony are super serious about PS5 and are not waiting around at all. Without the bethesda news it would have been pretty much all one way traffic in terms of hype and coverage.
it will be impossible to know how good or bad either will do until next year.  both have enough hardcore to buy 5 million units in the launch period.  

in feb we will really see where demand is. 

but with Sony's seemingly large manufacturing and beyond amazing first year line up and xbox's terrible line-up and commitment to last gen and pc making new console hardware unessissary...

...I really could see an outcome where playstation has a 20 million lead by the end of 2021.  bethesda or not that kind of lead would be impossible to overcome. 

Xevross

it will be impossible to know how good or bad either will do until next year.  both have enough hardcore to buy 5 million units in the launch period.  

in feb we will really see where demand is.

but with Sony's seemingly large manufacturing and beyond amazing first year line up and xbox's terrible line-up and commitment to last gen and pc making new console hardware unessissary...

...I really could see an outcome where playstation has a 20 million lead by the end of 2021.  bethesda or not that kind of lead would be impossible to overcome.
Yeah xb1 was starting to drop even by January and by April it was selling well below what was being supplied, it will be interesting to see how long Series can go for.

I think ps5 will have a 10m+ lead which would still be much bigger than last gen, but Xbox doesn't have to catch up to be successful. Just closing the gap compared to this gen would make Xbox super happy I think as they don't rely on console sales any more anyway.

kitler53

Yeah xb1 was starting to drop even by January and by April it was selling well below what was being supplied, it will be interesting to see how long Series can go for.

I think ps5 will have a 10m+ lead which would still be much bigger than last gen, but Xbox doesn't have to catch up to be successful. Just closing the gap compared to this gen would make Xbox super happy I think as they don't rely on console sales any more anyway.
I don't think they can close the gap unless series s is super popular withe the casuals which early indications are it is not. 

xbox's commitment to pc might be a winning idea but it it kills off o certain potion on console sales which gives the platform bad optics. 

honestly I think sony would have more to gain by pc anyways.  sure, pc has lots of gamers but xbox's games are mediocre.  sony could do half of GTA V numbers with their biggest franchises. 

Legend

Series s will flop imo but series x should do great. Xbox has bought great studios and I think lots of fans will expect xbox to have better exclusives, even if they don't show up.

kitler53

Series s will flop imo but series x should do great. Xbox has bought great studios and I think lots of fans will expect xbox to have better exclusives, even if they don't show up.
xbox has not bought a bunch of great studios.  they bought 1 great studio and some B-teir studios. 

only harden fanboys will buy an xbox on promises.  the rest of the market will only buy if and when they show up. 

...and even if there is a great game it can't be just a onnce in a gen thing.  RE 4 couldn't save GC and obsidian can't save series x.  ..especially with how many non-series x ways that one good obsidian game could be played.

Go Up