PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Maquette was really good. Also a similar type of game to check out,  which I think is better, is Superliminal
Haha I enjoyed but simultaneously disliked both.

I thought the voice acting was great and the overall narrative was the best part of maquette. The core puzzle concept was really cool but a lot of the time when small it was boring walking everywhere. Maybe a faster run would have been nice. I enjoyed breaking "out of bounds" the first time since I did that early.
Spoiler for Hidden:
I specifically got stuck on the puzzle where you had to pass the gem through the fence/wall. Similar looking geometry was treated as completely solid so it took me a long time to randomly try it.

Superliminal was kinda the inverse. It had better puzzles imo but I didn't care for the narrative.
Spoiler for Hidden:
One puzzle I got stuck on had a smart solution. I forgot that I could use ledges to copy objects closer to me, and it was definitely my fault for not getting it. The other puzzle with the doors and dead ends felt pretty arbitrary but it didn't feel like the game cheated, so I didn't mind that one.

Dr. Pezus

Mostly played a bit of Red Dead 2,which I never finished on PS4. I don't know why I stopped playing. Plays really well on PS5 and looks and sounds great.

I've also played a bit of Astro Bot and like it so far. Feels weird without VR though hehe

SWORDF1SH

Haha I enjoyed but simultaneously disliked both.

I thought the voice acting was great and the overall narrative was the best part of maquette. The core puzzle concept was really cool but a lot of the time when small it was boring walking everywhere. Maybe a faster run would have been nice. I enjoyed breaking "out of bounds" the first time since I did that early.
Spoiler for Hidden:
I specifically got stuck on the puzzle where you had to pass the gem through the fence/wall. Similar looking geometry was treated as completely solid so it took me a long time to randomly try it.

Superliminal was kinda the inverse. It had better puzzles imo but I didn't care for the narrative.
Spoiler for Hidden:
One puzzle I got stuck on had a smart solution. I forgot that I could use ledges to copy objects closer to me, and it was definitely my fault for not getting it. The other puzzle with the doors and dead ends felt pretty arbitrary but it didn't feel like the game cheated, so I didn't mind that one.

Spoiler for Hidden:
on Superliminal where you got would that be the apple clone and a fan? I got stuck on that for a bit and it was interesting watching somebody else play it and try exactly the same things as me before finallyworking it out. So you're not on your own

Legend

Spoiler for Hidden:
on Superliminal where you got would that be the apple clone and a fan? I got stuck on that for a bit and it was interesting watching somebody else play it and try exactly the same things as me before finallyworking it out. So you're not on your own

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Yup that&#39;s the one.<br>I think it could have been a bit cleaner but all the rules were honest. Not like the solution was a fully new mechanic that couldn&#39;t have been predicted.<br><br><br>I almost always search up puzzle games after beating them to see how others reacted. It&#39;s such a hard balance between creating something challenging and something that gives the aha feeling. With Hapax I can luckily avoid the problem a bit since my stuff is non linear. If a player&#39;s stuck on something they can return to it later.<br>

Dr. Pezus

It's actually better to watch netflix and stuff through the TV apps than the ps5 due to dolby vision

the-pi-guy

Me waiting for PSN black friday sales so I can buy Dark Souls 1 - 3 a third time like an idiot.  ::)

Also hoping for Ghost of Tsushima.  

kitler53

i need ratchet to go on sale or i'm going to cry

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

*PSN has Indie sale*
*Includes Crysis*

Me: that is exactly the game I think of when I think of indie.  

Dr. Pezus

Me waiting for PSN black friday sales so I can buy Dark Souls 1 - 3 a third time like an idiot.  ::)

Also hoping for Ghost of Tsushima.  

And beat Saber, Spidey mm

the-pi-guy

Would be nice if PS5 could recognize that you bought the digital version, after a physical install.  

You can tell the system recognizes that a game you own is installed. If you go to the product page, and you don't own the game it will prompt you to buy it.  
If you do own the game, and the physical version is installed, it will instead prompt you to play it.  

the-pi-guy

Some rumors that Sony will have PSVR2 at the TGA, with their own show early next year.  

Don't think any of the rumors have much credibility, but it might be a good way to reach out.

Legend

Some rumors that Sony will have PSVR2 at the TGA, with their own show early next year.  

Don't think any of the rumors have much credibility, but it might be a good way to reach out.
I'm hyped for tga either way!

the-pi-guy

Sony will start selling side panels in January.

nnodley

i am ready for a matte black console!

the-pi-guy

Go Up