PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I don't see how he could be meaning that but it's an interesting discussion too. Growing the PlayStation brand outside of games could definitely help them.

the-pi-guy

"One of the values, and the one probably I haven't seen at a lot of other games studios, is kindness," Raymond said. "We really believe that kindness is going to unlock the creative freedom and innovation. That was something that really came from the team. I wasn't there when they did the brainstorming and did this whole mind map thing. Kindness emerged as the biggest word and was echoed by everyone.

Raymond says that she wants Haven to be known for having a diverse team of talent, although says it's not there yet.

"We all believe that the way that we are going to get to an original concept that resonates with a wide number of people is by having a diverse team, and by bringing in those diverse perspectives. And not making the same old games and same old decisions.
The final element of the Haven team is not part of the company at all. Raymond mentioned that PlayStation was the firm's first choice for investor, and it was because of the support they can offer the studio.

"I have done a lot of talking to different developers about their experience working with different publishers, and Sony does stand-out as a company that really understands the creative process, and developing games and supports the dev teams and gives them the autonomy they need," Raymond says. "So that was a big attractor.

"Also, we are all big fans since we were kids of Sony. There is something really cool in getting to work on a first-party PlayStation game. For a lot of people this is a dream of what they wanted to do."

Assassin's Creed, Stadia and kindness: Introducing Jade Raymond's Haven Studio | GamesIndustry.biz

kitler53

Oct 08, 2021, 04:04 PM Last Edit: Oct 08, 2021, 04:07 PM by kitler53
I think this is probably a better way to interpret what he was saying.

Pokemon is huge all around. Several anime, toys, and card games.
The TV initiative could be a way of going about that.

But still, Pokemon is loved by all ages.
my thoughts are this,.. people are overreacting here.   they immediatly think "access" and then immediately jump to PC ports and playstation consoles becoming a lower priority.

ports to PC give playstation access to a certain kind of customer but playstation won't reach hundreds of millions of people by moving to PC.  in the market "convenience is king" and console is sooooo very much more convenient than PC.   you aren't going to reach an 8 year old on PC.  you aren't going to reach grandma on PC.  you aren't going to reach blue-collar on PC.  you need something easy and in the current market that means console.    ...maybe streaming but right now streaming is far too complicated on anything that's not a console because it's too much for most people to figure out how to pair a controller to the device.

also, you need to remember jim is a business guy.    he may say "access" and "audience" but this is just a nice way to say "profit".   porting games to PC brings in a certain amount of profit if you can sell to a customer that flat out refuses to play on a console.   ...but you need to remember that convincing people to play on a playstation console means much higher profit than taking their games to PC.   not only do they get the keep that 30% cut steam is taking but also they get to take a 30% cut of all 3rd party games.   clearly Jim would vastly prefer to convert all gamers to playstation console gamers and so they will try to make that the best platform to play even if it isn't the only platform to play.

finally,.. when i think widening their audience my suggestion to jim is to do a better job mirroring netflix.   i don't mean streaming.  i mean making content that appeals to my entire household.   shows for me.  shows for my wife.  shows for my kids.    right now playstation studios makes content for me.   i really struggle to find content for my kids and the content i find is 3rd party.   i'm probably getting a switch simply because i feel i have to in order to entertain my kids.   to me that is a key failure of modern playstation.

"Also, we are all big fans since we were kids of Sony. There is something really cool in getting to work on a first-party PlayStation game. For a lot of people this is a dream of what they wanted to do."

Assassin's Creed, Stadia and kindness: Introducing Jade Raymond's Haven Studio | GamesIndustry.biz

so exclusive not timed-exclusive.   i wasn't sure before but that really sounds like her studio is making content on IP that sony will retain ownership of like when insomiac created ratchet and clank.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

He could very well be talking about mobile too. Streaming on there could be a very lucrative market in the long run.

Anyways, Sony needs to get PS now running on Andrio, apple and all smart TVs. Basically they need to have it running on any device with a screen

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Celebrating five years of PlayStation VR - PlayStation.Blog
Starting in November, PlayStation Plus* members will get three PS VR bonus games for no extra charge. Stay tuned for more details in the PlayStation Plus update in the next few weeks.

So not only Nov?!

kitler53

sounds like psvr 2 is ready to go into a marketing push.  release early 2022 then?

BananaKing

sounds like psvr 2 is ready to go into a marketing push.  release early 2022 then?
Hmmm I doubt they are gonna release it that early. But they could announce it close to release. Im thinking its likely a holiday 2022 release. Summer at the earliest.

kitler53

so it looks like my ps4 died.   last weekend while my son was playing i saw the screen tear a bit and then crash.   i thought it looked like overheating and so i tried to turn it on that evening and had no problems to i just figured it was a one off.  ...but then this morning my son tried to play again and it would start at all.

annoying because i was keeping my son's games on the ps4 so i didn't need to download them to my ps5.  not worth buying another ps4 at this point.  i have a second ps4 in the front room but it's difficult to game in that room.  i dunno, annoying.  my ps3 still works so i'm kind of surprised the ps4 died.   thank god for cloud save storage...

darkknightkryta

so it looks like my ps4 died.   last weekend while my son was playing i saw the screen tear a bit and then crash.   i thought it looked like overheating and so i tried to turn it on that evening and had no problems to i just figured it was a one off.  ...but then this morning my son tried to play again and it would start at all.

annoying because i was keeping my son's games on the ps4 so i didn't need to download them to my ps5.  not worth buying another ps4 at this point.  i have a second ps4 in the front room but it's difficult to game in that room.  i dunno, annoying.  my ps3 still works so i'm kind of surprised the ps4 died.   thank god for cloud save storage...
I can't remember if I publicly posted the video, but while I was playing Infamous Second Son, my PS4 openned a gateway to the matrix.  At least that what it looked like.  Bad GPU.

Legend

I can't remember if I publicly posted the video, but while I was playing Infamous Second Son, my PS4 openned a gateway to the matrix.  At least that what it looked like.  Bad GPU.
Yeah I remember that.

My phone does a similar thing every once in a while while browsing the internet. Pretty worrisome at first thanks to your experience!

so it looks like my ps4 died.   last weekend while my son was playing i saw the screen tear a bit and then crash.   i thought it looked like overheating and so i tried to turn it on that evening and had no problems to i just figured it was a one off.  ...but then this morning my son tried to play again and it would start at all.

annoying because i was keeping my son's games on the ps4 so i didn't need to download them to my ps5.  not worth buying another ps4 at this point.  i have a second ps4 in the front room but it's difficult to game in that room.  i dunno, annoying.  my ps3 still works so i'm kind of surprised the ps4 died.   thank god for cloud save storage...
Outside of 3 or 4 red rings of death, I have luckily never had a system die.

BananaKing

Vampyr is an amazing game. Really really enjoyed it. Yes, it has a low budget and you can tell. But it gives a fantastic experience and an awesome story.

Id love a sequel. And I highly recommend it. Of yall had PS+ you should have gotten it a while back  

the-pi-guy

Great betrayal.  

Legend

Go Up