The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

More likely it's due to the backlash recently.
I originally typed something out about that, but I've only ever seen the backlash directed towards the Blizzard side.

Or they are separating the brand from Activision's scandals that included driving a woman to suicide.
Who to believe?!  
I'd agree with almost everything Xev said. As a person who prioritized story and put gameplay secondary, xev's last comment about pacing hurt me a lot more though.

Hades has good gameplay but the second you stop loving it, the game falls apart. Story progress needs to be grinded by doing runs over and over and some runs you will get nothing. I view it as a 7/10 but I am not at all against others giving it a 10/10.

Dr. Pezus

I originally typed something out about that, but I've only ever seen the backlash directed towards the Blizzard side.
I'd agree with almost everything Xev said. As a person who prioritized story and put gameplay secondary, xev's last comment about pacing hurt me a lot more though.

Hades has good gameplay but the second you stop loving it, the game falls apart. Story progress needs to be grinded by doing runs over and over and some runs you will get nothing. I view it as a 7/10 but I am not at all against others giving it a 10/10.

More blizzard yeah but it's been associated with the name of the company (Activision)

the-pi-guy

Sorry I was just teasing you. 

Just was getting a kick out of how different your scoring was from Xev.

Xev has been raving about the game.

Legend

Legend

Legend

Legend

Legend

the-pi-guy

One of my favorite games is Super Mario RPG:

It bums me out a lot that Turn based RPGs are going by the wayside.

Super NES Retro Review: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars | USgamer
The battle system was a bit different from a typical turn based RPG, in two ways. There are 4 distinct menus, each through a A/B/X/Y button^.
The other bit is that there are timed hits, so you get bonuses basically if you time your button presses with mario, et al's hits.  

I always got a bit of a kick out of the fact that most of the levels had pure black backgrounds:

Link and Samus Cameo in Super Mario RPG - YouTube

Legend

I don't know if I've ever really got into a game with turn based combat besides pokemon.

Legend

Legend

Not something I ever expected.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Nov 06, 2021, 12:14 AM Last Edit: Nov 06, 2021, 12:17 AM by the-pi-guy
I've been thinking I want to get a Steam Deck.

- Use it to remote play PS5 when the TV's not available. :P
- Play Skyrim in Japanese
- Good portable emulator.
- Play some PC games. Probably get it before getting a graphics card. :'(

Maybe not worth it, but I don't know.

Legend

I've been thinking I want to get a Steam Deck.

- Use it to remote play PS5 when the TV's not available. :P
- Play Skyrim in Japanese
- Good portable emulator.
- Play some PC games. Probably get it before getting a graphics card. :'(

Maybe not worth it, but I don't know.
I can see the appeal. Cheaper than a graphics card too lol.

Go Up