PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Design features and systems to promote a healthy and fun experience for our player community, engage players in social interactions to create lasting relationships, and where compatible players can create Guild-like groups to explore together
Guerilla job position mentions guilds.  Sounds online multiplayer-ey

Guerrilla

Legend

Guerilla job position mentions guilds.  Sounds online multiplayer-ey

Guerrilla
I mean Guerrilla does have a history making great multiplayer. I bet it'll be similar to Ghost of Tsushima where a multiplayer mode is added to Forbidden West after launch.

kitler53

i loved guilds back in WoW.   really promotes the social interactions compared to rando match-making.   

however there needs to be a good reason to be working as a group.  WoW had raiding and if you weren't raiding there wasn't much point to be in a guild.  raiding in WoW is my absolutely favorite gaming experience i've ever had.  if horizon has raids my life is going to be over...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot22-ot21-directors-cut.471669/page-381#post-74332353
Brian Horton - Wolverine
Bryan Intihar - Spiderman 2
Job posting for a Creative Director (MP) - new MP game. Maybe X-Men tie in (and Spiderman?) now that Wolverine is in development. (based on the 'rumor', but could be anything)

With speculation based on the remaining Creative Directors still at Insomniac:

Marcus Smith (wrapped up R&C) - R&C sequel, Sunset Overdrive 2 (led the original), or new IP (hoping)
Chad Dezern (Stormland VR) - VR game for PSVR2?
Insomniac said that the Spiderman 2 team is primarily made up of the Spiderman 1 team, and the Wolverine Team is being led by the Spider-man Miles Morales team.  

Which seemingly leaves the Ratchet and Clank team, and Insomniac has also been hiring for new leads on a multiplayer project.  

So I would imagine they have at least 3 games in development, and perhaps as many as 5.

They have typically released a game every year, and they don't have anything for next.

I bet they will show up for the VR show next year, just to show everyone how absurd they are.  

the-pi-guy

Sep 29, 2021, 08:34 PM Last Edit: Sep 29, 2021, 08:43 PM by the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Twisted Metal:
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><a href="https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-sources-destruction-all-stars-studio-lucid-handed-twisted-metal-revival.493434/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-sources-destruction-all-stars-studio-lucid-handed-twisted-metal-revival.493434/</a><br><br><br><div class="quoteheader">Quote</div><blockquote class="bbc_standard_quote">According to the sources, the new car combat instalment - which by release, will be the series&#39; first in over a decade - has started early developed at the Liverpool, UK-based studio.<br><br>One person with knowledge of Lucid&#39;s plans suggested that the revival would be built around a free-to-play model, partly in response to Destruction All-Stars&#39; last-minute transition from premium game to PS Plus.<br><br>The release is planned to coincide with an upcoming TV series in 2023, we were told.</blockquote><div class="quotefooter"></div>

BananaKing

Nice, id love a F2P twisted metal. They need to get the gameplay right. Twisted metal on PS3 was a lot of fun

kitler53

I bet they will show up for the VR show next year, just to show everyone how absurd they are.  
lol.  they made 4 VR games for OR if I remember right so they'd be a natural fit for psvr 2 even if it's just ports of these games.  I think most reviewed well enough. 

I still hope the mp is ratchet and clank dlc.   I've said it before but I'll say it again,.. a co-op mode based around the arena battles would be amazing. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Oct 01, 2021, 04:09 AM Last Edit: Oct 01, 2021, 04:12 AM by the-pi-guy
Finally updated the OP, added 3 new studios. Which is crazy.
Lets do a run down:

Team Asobi (1):
Probably making an Astro game. I'm really curious to see what happens with them. They are hiring, and they've gotten some people from the rest of Japan Studio. So I imagine they're quite a bit bigger than they were during the last Astro game. Will they be working on 1 bigger Astro game or will they have two smaller projects?

Polyphony Digital (1):
Not too interesting I don't think. Reliably making GT games for the past 20 years. Kaz has expressed interest in making something else, but for now seems safe to bet on GT.

Insomniac Games (3-5):
These guys are beasts. A large studio that just focuses on making good to great games.
Currently working on Wolverine, and Spider-man 2. They've been hiring for a multiplayer team, and they still have the Ratchet and possibly a VR team. So they might have 3 - 5 games in development right now.

Naughty Dog (3):
Kind of mysterious.
Spoiler for rumor:
<br>Rumored to be working on The Last of Us remake, Factions, and probably a new title.<br>A new title could be really interesting.<br>

San Diego Studio (1):
Showed promise during the PS3 gen, but now they seem to be stuck making MLB. Don't see any surprises here.

Santa Monica Studios (2):
Currently working on an unannounced title, and God of War: Ragnarok.

Sucker Punch (1):
I'm assuming they're working on Ghost of Tsushima 2.

Pixelopus (1):
Untitled project with Sony Pictures.

Bluepoint Games (1-2):
They're officially making "new content" whatever that means. They're also rumored to be working on another remaster. I'm really excited to see what they end up making.

Guerilla Games (1-2):
Currently working on Horizon: Forbidden West, and they're rumored to be working on another title.

London Studio (1-2): They're seemingly working on some kind of online game, rumored to be a PlayStation Home kind of deal, but we will have to see.

Media Molecule (?):
At the moment they seem very focused on Dreams, but I have a hard time believing that is all they have up their sleeves, especially with the growth they are trying to get right now.

Housemarque (1):
They just finished Returnal, but they were hiring for another game a few months before release.

Firesprite (3):
These guys are interesting. They are a huge studio with very little output. Rumored to be working on 3 games, a VR game, an online title, and a narrative title.

So currently it seems like Sony has 20+ games in development from their first party studios.
Then they have deals with Firewalk, Haven, Deviation Games.
Rumored deals with From Software, Kojima, Lucid.
Possible deals with Sumo, and others.

It's also kind of absurd that we only have 5 announced games from Sony.

Overall Sony is in a really good position.

What I'd personally like to see, is someone making a Bethesda-like RPG.
And I'd like to see Sony invest more in Japan.

SWORDF1SH

I would love them to be making an oblivion style RPG. "O you took Skyrim from us?! OK we'll make our own". That's the right attitude.

the-pi-guy

PlayStation Studios | PlayStation  US

Up to 16 development studios, with Bluepoint added.
New pixelopus logo

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Go Up