Vizioneck Halloween T.V. Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, Oct 15, 2014, 02:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Best Halloween Show/Movie

Linked Events

Go Down

darkknightkryta

not cropped but as i watched it i thought to myself,.. did TV really used to be this low rez?    i still enjoyed it because  the show is awesome but it made me think about how far we've come.
It's the Digital Noise Reduction they're using.  They were really aggressive with it.  It smudged out all details.  Defeats the purpose of having it in HD, Buffy was just done really bad.  Regular T.V. shows captured off of 16/32 mm film look fantastic at 1080p as long as they don't destroy it with noise reduction.  60s Batman and Star Trek TNG are great examples of recapturing film in HD.

darkknightkryta

I've been watching Welcome to Demon School!  Iruma-kun.  It's got quite a bit of Halloween imagery and is pretty funny.

Legend

Geoff Keighley has a super small appearance in the Muppet's Haunted Mansion special.

Was a my first halloween show of the year.

kitler53

Geoff Keighley has a super small appearance in the Muppet's Haunted Mansion special.

any good?  I wanted to watch that one. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

any good?  I wanted to watch that one.
It's somewhat low quality but really authentic to the haunted mansion ride. I enjoyed it.

darkknightkryta

How was the Haunted Mansion Special?

Legend

How was the Haunted Mansion Special?
It's somewhat low quality but really authentic to the haunted mansion ride. I enjoyed it.

Legend

I've had a vampire overdose this year. American Horror Story, what we do in the shadows, night teeth, vampyr

Dr. Pezus

I've had a vampire overdose this year. American Horror Story, what we do in the shadows, night teeth, vampyr
What we do in the shadows is brilliant

kitler53

it was okay.  

muppets since Jim Henson just is missing something. they follow the formula but always come up short. 

Legend

I watched Charlie Brown already. Halloween speedrun  8)

darkknightkryta

I watched Charlie Brown already. Halloween speedrun  8)
I started Simpsons.  They didn't release their Treehouse of Horrors this year yet.  I did randomly chose a season to start on.  Started on 20.  They did a parody of The Great Pumpkin.

darkknightkryta

I feel like there haven't been too many modern Halloween specials.  I was trying to find something for my nieces and there wasn't anything and the only thing I could find on Amazon Prime was Hotel Transylvania 3... which takes place on a resort...

kitler53

i kind of feel the opposite.   there are soooo many halloween specials.   pretty much every kids show has one.   the difference is these days there are dozens of places to watch TV so none of them are "special" or have any cultural impact.  it's the opposite of the days when literally everyone had to watch live TV,.. there was only 1 new halloween show a year and it got promoted to high heaven and everyone watched it.  

off the top of my head:

Disney+
Last year they had the haunted mansion Muppets special and there was a lego star wars thing.
this year they had hocus pocus 2 and there is at least 1 other movie i saw getting promoted

NetFlix
i mean, each year they have at least 3-5 horror films/series launch in october.   i think the main event last year was nightbooks and the fear street trilogy.   i also remember sharkdog launching last year.  i cant remember when they released but captain underpants was good, spookly was good according to my kids, hubie halloween was good, they love super monsters halloween, and carson, and frankly a bunch of others i can't remember.

i just got back from Malaysia so i'm a bit out of the loop this year but so far i've watch the latest season of nailed it halloween and phantom pups.  i'm sure there are more.

i'm done now.  i don't watch the other services and i don't care to look it up.

in summary: there are more halloween specials then ever and because there are soo many none have a lasting cultural impact and thus they are quickly forgotten.

darkknightkryta

i kind of feel the opposite.   there are soooo many halloween specials.   pretty much every kids show has one.   the difference is these days there are dozens of places to watch TV so none of them are "special" or have any cultural impact.  it's the opposite of the days when literally everyone had to watch live TV,.. there was only 1 new halloween show a year and it got promoted to high heaven and everyone watched it.  

off the top of my head:

Disney+
Last year they had the haunted mansion Muppets special and there was a lego star wars thing.
this year they had hocus pocus 2 and there is at least 1 other movie i saw getting promoted

NetFlix
i mean, each year they have at least 3-5 horror films/series launch in october.   i think the main event last year was nightbooks and the fear street trilogy.   i also remember sharkdog launching last year.  i cant remember when they released but captain underpants was good, spookly was good according to my kids, hubie halloween was good, they love super monsters halloween, and carson, and frankly a bunch of others i can't remember.

i just got back from Malaysia so i'm a bit out of the loop this year but so far i've watch the latest season of nailed it halloween and phantom pups.  i'm sure there are more.

i'm done now.  i don't watch the other services and i don't care to look it up.

in summary: there are more halloween specials then ever and because there are soo many none have a lasting cultural impact and thus they are quickly forgotten.

I meant more new.  Like in the past 5 years.  But it can be my inability to find them.  I got rid of my Netflix and apparently Amazon's curation isn't that great.

Go Up