Vizioneck Halloween Gaming Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, Oct 15, 2014, 02:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Halloween Styled Gamez

Medievil (Original, Resurrection, my personal favourite)
1 (33.3%)
Resident Evil (Entire series)
0 (0%)
Silent Hill (Entire series)
0 (0%)
House of the Dead (Overkill especially, series)
0 (0%)
Jersey Devil
0 (0%)
Infamous Festival of Blood (seriously recommend this game, it takes place during a halloween party)
0 (0%)
Luigi's Mansion
0 (0%)
Maximo/Ghosts and Goblins (All of them)
0 (0%)
Castlevania (Everyone but the new ones)
0 (0%)
Costume Quest (Didn't get a chance to play it, but it takes place during Halloween).
0 (0%)
Fatal Frame
1 (33.3%)
Until Dawn (Recently Released)
1 (33.3%)
Evil Within
0 (0%)
Haunting Ground (Capcom published this apparently)
0 (0%)
Siren (Silent Hill/Gravity Rush creator made this series)
0 (0%)
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
0 (0%)
Left 4 Dead (Series)
0 (0%)
Pupeteer
0 (0%)
Dead Rising (Series)
0 (0%)
Lolipop Chainsaw
0 (0%)
Five Nights at Freddy's
0 (0%)
Bloodborne
0 (0%)
Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior
0 (0%)
Until Dawn
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Guess I'll play vampyr.

Legend

Not feeling vampyr. Told me that every action mattered and killing was bad, but the opening keeps forcing me to kill people.

darkknightkryta

Not feeling vampyr. Told me that every action mattered and killing was bad, but the opening keeps forcing me to kill people.
I remember explaining to my friend "It feels like a last gen 360 game.  But not in a bad way." last year.  He told me last week he played it a bit and said "How you described it is exactly what it feels like".  Cause explaining that it feels like a 360 game is very vague.  He also had the same complaints as you about "Killing is bad" he was like "I'm a vampire now, you shouldn't be making me feel bad".

Legend

I remember explaining to my friend "It feels like a last gen 360 game.  But not in a bad way." last year.  He told me last week he played it a bit and said "How you described it is exactly what it feels like".  Cause explaining that it feels like a 360 game is very vague.  He also had the same complaints as you about "Killing is bad" he was like "I'm a vampire now, you shouldn't be making me feel bad".
Yeah 360 is spot on. I made it to the hospital and can definitely see what's to love about the social/feeding mechanic, but I think I'm done with it. I prob should have selected story mode cause the combat feels 360 like too haha.

Also I'm the opposite of your friend. I was trying to do a good playthrough. Just let me die!

Legend

I restarted on easy. Combat felt way too clunky and outdated. Still kinda hard. No idea what's up but I'm 10-20 levels under people. Maybe I just need to eat more people? The game has done a horrible job with sending mixed messages! "Don't eat people, it'll make enemies stronger!" "Eat people to level up quick!"

Legend

Oh vampyr is 2018. I was thinking it was a bit older.

That makes a few of the issues I've had more funky. Like I keep losing control and need to jiggle the joystick to stop the glitch.

Legend

Finished vampyr. Thanks for the rec. It was fun but had lots of issues. I was playing on the new PS5 patch and yet I still had 2 full crashes and plenty of glitches. I'd give it maybe a 6 or 7 out of ten. Combat mostly sucked and it felt like a 360 game, but the dialogue system was pretty cool and the freedom to consume people was great. I think the execution was fundamentally flawed in a few ways but it's a cool system either way.

kitler53

finished pumpkin jack.   it was pretty bad.  there are soo many things to complain about...

1. combat was shallow.  i could forgive that but the game compenstated by sending an overwhelming amount of baddies at you.  it didn't compensate,.. it just felt cheap.

2. thoughout the games there are candles that if you break start things on fire.   the game placed it in really shaming (cheap) location that started the entire platform you needed to traverse on fire making your jumping more difficult and force you to take unneeded damage because you there was no other option to move forward.

3. cut sense between levels were,.. recapps?  i don't think i've ever seen this and it was odd to say the least.  after completing a level you were "rewarded" with a cut sense summarizing the level you just completed instead of introducing the next area...

4. switching weapons required you to use R1 to bring up a weapon wheel.  to select a weapon from the weapon wheel required you to use the right analog instead of the left....

5. in the "town" area there was a kart mini game that required you mash X for like 2 straight minutes to move your kart....

i think those are my top 5 complaints.  the rest was just mediocore.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

4 is normal. I'd maybe even say most games use the right analog.

Everything else sounds whack. Why did you plat it!?

kitler53

4 is normal. I'd maybe even say most games use the right analog.

Everything else sounds whack. Why did you plat it!?
4 is not normal.  most allow control from either analog.  it's awkward to have one hand do nothing and the other hand do two things. 

most trophies were unskippable.  the only ones you had to work for was to collect all the collectables.  ..but most were not well hidden.  3/5 levels I got all collectables on the first play.  I decided to just go back to the two levels I missed something and get them.  the difference between plating and not playing was like an hour. 

Legend

4 is not normal.  most allow control from either analog.  it's awkward to have one hand do nothing and the other hand do two things.

most trophies were unskippable.  the only ones you had to work for was to collect all the collectables.  ..but most were not well hidden.  3/5 levels I got all collectables on the first play.  I decided to just go back to the two levels I missed something and get them.  the difference between plating and not playing was like an hour.
I can imagine the combo of R1 and the right stick feeling odd if it's done without a reason, but right stick is definitely the default for radial menus. I even googled it   ::)

I kinda view getting a plat as rewarding a game, if that makes sense. I'd purposefully avoid getting the plat if I wasn't liking it a lot. I'm not a trophy hunter though. Only have plats for Uncharted 2, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Uncharted 4, God of War, telltale forced plat, and Astro's Playroom.

kitler53

I can imagine the combo of R1 and the right stick feeling odd if it's done without a reason, but right stick is definitely the default for radial menus. I even googled it   ::)

I kinda view getting a plat as rewarding a game, if that makes sense. I'd purposefully avoid getting the plat if I wasn't liking it a lot. I'm not a trophy hunter though. Only have plats for Uncharted 2, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Uncharted 4, God of War, telltale forced plat, and Astro's Playroom.
definetly not for rachet and clank.  to bring up the weapon wheel you hold down triangle and select with the left analog.  it wouldn't even be possible to controll the weapon wheel with a right analog and continue to press triangle outside of a "claw grip".   the point is the control is split left/right.  if the radial menu is access via the d-pad (which is common enough) i would expect the right analog to be used.  

it felt terrible having it be R1 and R.  this is not standard.

the-pi-guy

Spiderman uses both sticks. L1 for menu.

Legend

I'm finally playing Until Dawn for halloween!

The animations feel pretty dated.

Dr. Pezus

I'm finally playing Until Dawn for halloween!

The animations feel pretty dated.
Such a fun game though

Go Up