Vizioneck Halloween Gaming Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, Oct 15, 2014, 02:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Halloween Styled Gamez

Medievil (Original, Resurrection, my personal favourite)
1 (33.3%)
Resident Evil (Entire series)
0 (0%)
Silent Hill (Entire series)
0 (0%)
House of the Dead (Overkill especially, series)
0 (0%)
Jersey Devil
0 (0%)
Infamous Festival of Blood (seriously recommend this game, it takes place during a halloween party)
0 (0%)
Luigi's Mansion
0 (0%)
Maximo/Ghosts and Goblins (All of them)
0 (0%)
Castlevania (Everyone but the new ones)
0 (0%)
Costume Quest (Didn't get a chance to play it, but it takes place during Halloween).
0 (0%)
Fatal Frame
1 (33.3%)
Until Dawn (Recently Released)
1 (33.3%)
Evil Within
0 (0%)
Haunting Ground (Capcom published this apparently)
0 (0%)
Siren (Silent Hill/Gravity Rush creator made this series)
0 (0%)
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
0 (0%)
Left 4 Dead (Series)
0 (0%)
Pupeteer
0 (0%)
Dead Rising (Series)
0 (0%)
Lolipop Chainsaw
0 (0%)
Five Nights at Freddy's
0 (0%)
Bloodborne
0 (0%)
Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior
0 (0%)
Until Dawn
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Such a fun game though
I'm really enjoying roleplaying as the actual people. So instead of searching every room, I actually focus on the objective.

I watched Easy Allies play it way back when so it's also kinda fun knowing the truth and seeing how scenes play out.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>The faked phone recording being in Rami Malek&#39;s voice is great for example.<br>

Gonna finish it up tonight.

Legend

Saved Jessica, Sam, and Emily. Some deaths felt cheap but most were fun and fair.

Legend

I feel like this was the first year I was really able to do some halloween gaming. Thanks for the thread dark!

BananaKing

I'm finally playing Until Dawn for halloween!

The animations feel pretty dated.
They were always bad. But its an awesome game.

I wish we got more from Sony/supermassive games. After until dawn their quality seemed to drop

darkknightkryta

I feel like this was the first year I was really able to do some halloween gaming. Thanks for the thread dark!
I'm glad you did, I didn't get much done.  I didn't even put on Medievil this year.  My friend's have been playing Splitgate every night, so from like 8-10:30 I'm on Splitgate.  It took away from other games.  I did finish watching season 3 of Castlevania, and I got to a part of Ash vs Evil Dead where I don't want to continue anymore =D.  I tried watching the rest of Sabrina, but it's starting to drag on.  Can't say I blame Netflix for cancelling the show.  Started off so strong, but then jumped the shark in a meh way.

darkknightkryta

Normally I zombie this thread after Thanksgiving here, but I've been trying to play the Resident Evil 1 Remake.  I'm taking a  "Oh well, I'm going to die anyways" approach to the game.  While I only played maybe a few hours of the original on my Vita a few years back, so I don't remember much, but I feel like they made the zombies harder to kill.  I unloaded 13 bullets into one zombie and he didn't drop to his knees, but he died instead.  They made it hard to conserve ammo.  If I'm remembering right, in RE2 and 3 it's like 3 shots and they'd drop, so I could knife them.  I have no idea what's going on here.  Overall it's just as cheesy as the original with the bad voice acting.  I don't mind the restarting as it lets me try out things and not worry about wasting ammo on zombies, then when I'm ready to move on I'll do it right.  But I'm not sure how long I can keep that up without getting annoyed.

They were always bad. But its an awesome game.

I wish we got more from Sony/supermassive games. After until dawn their quality seemed to drop
Didn't they make some episodic series of games for some publisher after the Until Dawn sequel?

Legend

I'll count scorn as a halloween game. Gonna play that on the 14th. Not sure if I'll fit in a second game this month.

Normally I zombie this thread after Thanksgiving here, but I've been trying to play the Resident Evil 1 Remake.  I'm taking a  "Oh well, I'm going to die anyways" approach to the game.  While I only played maybe a few hours of the original on my Vita a few years back, so I don't remember much, but I feel like they made the zombies harder to kill.  I unloaded 13 bullets into one zombie and he didn't drop to his knees, but he died instead.  They made it hard to conserve ammo.  If I'm remembering right, in RE2 and 3 it's like 3 shots and they'd drop, so I could knife them.  I have no idea what's going on here.  Overall it's just as cheesy as the original with the bad voice acting.  I don't mind the restarting as it lets me try out things and not worry about wasting ammo on zombies, then when I'm ready to move on I'll do it right.  But I'm not sure how long I can keep that up without getting annoyed.
Didn't they make some episodic series of games for some publisher after the Until Dawn sequel?
I've never played a resident evil game but that sounds whack.

kitler53

from the 2 RE games i played (5,6 with my co-op buddy) what i believe i observed is that he was amazing at the game and i completely sucked and it all came down to he could do a headshot and i always aim for the body.   yeah, i know i'm suppose to aim for head but i'm bad at shooter and miss too often.   he could take down zombies with 1-3 shots while i needed 5-10 shots.  

its a thing i'm aware of in any shooter i play.  i felt more punished in RE than other games though.   maybe it's just because RE is stricter on handing out bullets.   i don't know if i could have beat the game without him.

i guess my first sentence is wrong.  i tried to play RE 4 solo on the wii.  i gave up pretty early when i couldn't get past a village filled with zombies after i hit a check point with no cash and only 3 bullets left.  i sucked too much to move on.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

from the 2 RE games i played (5,6 with my co-op buddy) what i believe i observed is that he was amazing at the game and i completely sucked and it all came down to he could do a headshot and i always aim for the body.   yeah, i know i'm suppose to aim for head but i'm bad at shooter and miss too often.   he could take down zombies with 1-3 shots while i needed 5-10 shots. 

its a thing i'm aware of in any shooter i play.  i felt more punished in RE than other games though.   maybe it's just because RE is stricter on handing out bullets.   i don't know if i could have beat the game without him.

i guess my first sentence is wrong.  i tried to play RE 4 solo on the wii.  i gave up pretty early when i couldn't get past a village filled with zombies after i hit a check point with no cash and only 3 bullets left.  i sucked too much to move on.
It's hard to do any kind of body aiming in the originals.  While it's actually there (Maybe not in the original PSX game), it's just hard and you more or less have to let the zombies come right to your face.  Like you can aim up and down, but that doesn't help unless the zombie's already on you.  It's just I'm used to them dropping on the floor after a few shots.  You can then run behind them and stab them while they're on the ground.  I vaguely remember doing this in the original when I tried it on the Vita.  No idea what's happening here.

Not sure what else to play.  I might get the RE2 Remake a try if my friend is available (Steam shareplay).  Maybe I'll finish Pumpkin Jack.

kitler53

i played pumpkin jack last year and it was pretty much terrible.  i kind of regret plat'ing it.

maybe this year i'll redownload until dawn for the 3rd year and finally finish it.  ...probably not.  i don't think i'm even half way though.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Looking through all the "free" games I have, I might play a fair amount of spooky games this year.

Little Nightmares
Hollow Night
Scorn
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Gone Home
Everybody's gone to the rapture
Resident Evil 7
Amnesia
Man of Medan
Both plague tales
Maid of sker

Legend

Oct 09, 2022, 08:26 PM Last Edit: Oct 10, 2022, 05:00 AM by Legend
Played 3/5 of Little Nightmares. Fun but enough for me.

Edt: ended up finishing it. Felt too random/simple. Not immersive like Inside. Still kinda fun though.

darkknightkryta

I'm a bit further in Resident Evil.  It's been pretty different from the original so far.  The layout of the mansion is the same, but I feel like a room or two is missing or moved around.  There was a room with ravens that I came across early in the original and I still didn't come across it, if it's in the game.  I barely went outside in the original, cause I didn't make my way around there.  I had to go outside in this game pretty much.  But stuff was different too, there's supposed to be dirt and stuff for a puzzle (Or so I read) and there's an underground crypt instead with I'm assuming is a boss, but I can't trigger it yet.  Same with this kitchen area I came across, which I haven't seen in my small time I spent with the original.  I wonder how much more they changed.  

darkknightkryta

Got to the "missing" areas.  They were on the other side of the mansion.  Still interesting that it took me such a round about way to get there.

darkknightkryta

So someone at Capcom decided it was a good idea to have the zombies you kill stay around and come back to life.  It hasn't been too much of an issue, but the zombies are coming back to life at once now, for whatever reason.  You can burn them, but it doesn't get rid of their corpses so they just respawn.  It wouldn't be as much of a problem if the zombies didn't start running at you after they regenerate.  This mechanic does nothing other than to make you waste ammo.  I'm starting to think I should have played the original instead.  I'll try taking another approach and get the shotgun instead of going upstairs.

Go Up