PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

"One of the values, and the one probably I haven't seen at a lot of other games studios, is kindness," Raymond said. "We really believe that kindness is going to unlock the creative freedom and innovation. That was something that really came from the team. I wasn't there when they did the brainstorming and did this whole mind map thing. Kindness emerged as the biggest word and was echoed by everyone.

Raymond says that she wants Haven to be known for having a diverse team of talent, although says it's not there yet.

"We all believe that the way that we are going to get to an original concept that resonates with a wide number of people is by having a diverse team, and by bringing in those diverse perspectives. And not making the same old games and same old decisions.
The final element of the Haven team is not part of the company at all. Raymond mentioned that PlayStation was the firm's first choice for investor, and it was because of the support they can offer the studio.

"I have done a lot of talking to different developers about their experience working with different publishers, and Sony does stand-out as a company that really understands the creative process, and developing games and supports the dev teams and gives them the autonomy they need," Raymond says. "So that was a big attractor.

"Also, we are all big fans since we were kids of Sony. There is something really cool in getting to work on a first-party PlayStation game. For a lot of people this is a dream of what they wanted to do."

Assassin's Creed, Stadia and kindness: Introducing Jade Raymond's Haven Studio | GamesIndustry.biz