PlayStation Studios Development

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Finally updated the OP, added 3 new studios. Which is crazy.
Lets do a run down:

Team Asobi (1):
Probably making an Astro game. I'm really curious to see what happens with them. They are hiring, and they've gotten some people from the rest of Japan Studio. So I imagine they're quite a bit bigger than they were during the last Astro game. Will they be working on 1 bigger Astro game or will they have two smaller projects?

Polyphony Digital (1):
Not too interesting I don't think. Reliably making GT games for the past 20 years. Kaz has expressed interest in making something else, but for now seems safe to bet on GT.

Insomniac Games (3-5):
These guys are beasts. A large studio that just focuses on making good to great games.
Currently working on Wolverine, and Spider-man 2. They've been hiring for a multiplayer team, and they still have the Ratchet and possibly a VR team. So they might have 3 - 5 games in development right now.

Naughty Dog (3):
Kind of mysterious.
Spoiler for rumor:
<br>Rumored to be working on The Last of Us remake, Factions, and probably a new title.<br>A new title could be really interesting.<br>

San Diego Studio (1):
Showed promise during the PS3 gen, but now they seem to be stuck making MLB. Don't see any surprises here.

Santa Monica Studios (2):
Currently working on an unannounced title, and God of War: Ragnarok.

Sucker Punch (1):
I'm assuming they're working on Ghost of Tsushima 2.

Pixelopus (1):
Untitled project with Sony Pictures.

Bluepoint Games (1-2):
They're officially making "new content" whatever that means. They're also rumored to be working on another remaster. I'm really excited to see what they end up making.

Guerilla Games (1-2):
Currently working on Horizon: Forbidden West, and they're rumored to be working on another title.

London Studio (1-2): They're seemingly working on some kind of online game, rumored to be a PlayStation Home kind of deal, but we will have to see.

Media Molecule (?):
At the moment they seem very focused on Dreams, but I have a hard time believing that is all they have up their sleeves, especially with the growth they are trying to get right now.

Housemarque (1):
They just finished Returnal, but they were hiring for another game a few months before release.

Firesprite (3):
These guys are interesting. They are a huge studio with very little output. Rumored to be working on 3 games, a VR game, an online title, and a narrative title.

So currently it seems like Sony has 20+ games in development from their first party studios.
Then they have deals with Firewalk, Haven, Deviation Games.
Rumored deals with From Software, Kojima, Lucid.
Possible deals with Sumo, and others.

It's also kind of absurd that we only have 5 announced games from Sony.

Overall Sony is in a really good position.

What I'd personally like to see, is someone making a Bethesda-like RPG.
And I'd like to see Sony invest more in Japan.