The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Viewing single post

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

kitler53

Honestly I think PSVR will cost 399$ max.  
There are similar headsets for 299$.  

Besides that, Euro Truck Simulator 2, that's AAAA for sure.  

The group hyping it, is very different from the group that hyped up the Wii.

I'd try out a headset if you can find one.  I got to try out GearVR.  Very very cool.  
i could care less who is hyping it.   no sane development team will create software for a device that has a user base that is too low to be able to have reasonable expectations that the game will be a profitable business venture.

right now the games look low budget and shaming.  the hardware is really expensive.  this tech has set itself up for failure because without customers there won't be software and without software there won't be customers.  being this expensive massively reduces the amount of early adopters that are going to be willing to invest in a platform on promises and hope.

i've been down on vr for a while now but this really is the nail in the coffin for me.  i am definitely not buying any vr device (not even psvr) for at least a year after launch.  after a year out i'll at least be able to tell is support is going to be maintained or vaporize but i'll wager my entire vizioneck wallet that support is gone for any vr-exclusive game.  there will not be a market to sell to at these prices.  i have no interest in tacked-on vr support for non vr games.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens