Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

No, they weren't open.
not being open is still losing money.   taxes, rent, electricity, ect.  yes you don't pay for wages but you still lose money.  they opened on the hope they could start making money again.   it was an "experiment" if you will.  the market spoke loud and clear,  hell no i won't go..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

weren't they losing money before too?   i would have figured this was more like optimism on both parts that a good movie could get people to go to the theatres.
But it wasnt a good movie

Dr. Pezus

No time to day delayed by by 6 months. This is fudgy shambolic

Xevross

No time to day delayed by by 6 months. This is fudgy shambolic
Everyone's running scared after Tenet's disastrous performance.

Legend

What will movie award shows do?

2020 had so few movies and 2021 will have tons.

Tenet best picture!!!

kitler53

What will movie award shows do?

2020 had so few movies and 2021 will have tons.

Tenet best picture!!!
you assume we will have covid fixed in early 2021.  the roll out time of a vaccine is like 6 months.  even if we get a valid vaccine in January that still means consumers afraid to go out until at least June. 

2021 will be devoid of releases too.  we probably have another year of this and by then the economy will be Soo trashed that perminate changes are likely. 

...and tons of movies released on netflix each week.  the stupid theatrical release only idea will die and things like mulan, trolls world tour, ebola holmes will be considered.  the preduice against streaming was always dumb anyways. 

Legend

you assume we will have covid fixed in early 2021.  the roll out time of a vaccine is like 6 months.  even if we get a valid vaccine in January that still means consumers afraid to go out until at least June.

2021 will be devoid of releases too.  we probably have another year of this and by then the economy will be Soo trashed that perminate changes are likely.

...and tons of movies released on netflix each week.  the stupid theatrical release only idea will die and things like mulan, trolls world tour, ebola holmes will be considered.  the preduice against streaming was always dumb anyways.
No problem with streaming but that's what I'm talking about. Tours world tour was so bad compared to the first yet of course it will get nominated for best animated film.

I loved Tenet. Not joking that it should win because it was the only release.

No clue how 2021 will go with society, but figure they'll have to open the floodgates in theaters or streaming eventually.

kitler53

No problem with streaming but that's what I'm talking about. Tours world tour was so bad compared to the first yet of course it will get nominated for best animated film.

I loved Tenet. Not joking that it should win because it was the only release.

No clue how 2021 will go with society, but figure they'll have to open the floodgates in theaters or streaming eventually.
we'll I can only speak for myself but Xmas 2021 is the absolute earliest I could imagine my family going to a movie theater.  a well destributed vaccine is a mandatory prerequisite.  

kitler53

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/halloween-classic-hocus-pocus-nearly-beats-tenet-as-box-office-recovery-collapses

Hollywood got a huge shock Saturday night when mega-theater chain Cineworld revealed it is closing down again, including many of its Regal locations in the U.S.

With no new product in the marketplace, a rerelease of the 1993 Halloween cult classic Hocus Pocus was almost able to banish Christopher Nolan's Tenet and take the top spot at the weekend box office with a mere $2 million.

Legend

I hate how hocus pocus just takes over tv every october. Now it's taking over theaters!

Xevross

Dune delayed to October 2021.

No more films this year it seems.

Dr. Pezus

Dune delayed to October 2021.

No more films this year it seems.
fudgin hell

Dr. Pezus

Just saw this. Its gold haha

the-pi-guy

I have such a love/hate relationship with this movie Summer Wars.  
(This movie is actually an anime movie)

The characters are really great. The main plotline has a few absurdities.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>It&#39;s kind of like Ready Player One without the VR. &nbsp;Most of the internet is connected by this virtual world. &nbsp;Including the banks, and pretty much anything else you can think of. &nbsp;<br><br>First thing that bothers me. The main character gets a text with a really long number. I think in the movie they say it&#39;s like ~2000 digits long. &nbsp;He solves &quot;the math problem&quot; and it&#39;s a string encrypted to get access to the digital world. And he solves it in like 20 minutes. <br><br>Second thing. The thing that sent the text was a super intelligent AI being tested by the military. &nbsp;<br><br>Third thing, this family gets a super computer so that everyone can play the game, and fills the room with towers of ice to keep it cool. &nbsp;After that, someone takes the ice to keep their dead grandma cool on this hot summer day. &nbsp;<br><br>

Aside from those things, the movie is really great.

BananaKing

1917 is banging. Fantastic movie. Not a classic but its close. The camera in it is fantastic. GOW level shame.

Go Up