The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Kerotan

Cute Pikachu

Yeah thats not gonna go well.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Kerotan

I live in ireland.  I presume a few stores in Dublin will have VR displays to try out next year when this thing launches?  

Depending on price I'll consider it but I'd need to experience it before investing!

Raven

It sounds like people are really liking RIGS. That's a kind of game VR is really good for as an immersive experience. Piloting machines.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm a little disappointed I more hands on article didn't come out of pairs game week. I'm have a hard time finding them .

DerNebel

So I think this is pretty important info that some/ a lot of people might have already been expecting (I know I have), the PSVR comes with its own external processing unit.

Playstation VR comes with a powerful processing  i.e. the break out box - NeoGAF

Sony's Ram Madhavan(developer services and support) reveals at the Unite 2015 talk. The revelation comes at the 14min 28 sec mark of the talk, and reiterates it at the 19min 48sec mark/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RNbZpcfAhE
 SDK's have improved on all fronts new device tracking and audio
 Lots of new info
 reducing latency
 why reprojection///////

Kerotan

So I think this is pretty important info that some/ a lot of people might have already been expecting (I know I have), the PSVR comes with its own external processing unit.

Playstation VR comes with a powerful processing  i.e. the break out box - NeoGAF

That's significant and it explains how it was able to run such powerful games.  But this will mean it's more expensive than first thought.  We'll probably be lucky if it's even 299$. And that's my upper limit I'd pay.

Legend

Yeah people on GAF are really confused.

The box does binaural audio and reformats the image for the TV. Does zero graphics processing. Even reprojection is still handled by the PS4.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Why do most of them act like this is new news. It seems it's the first time many even heard there's an extra box.

the-pi-guy

Nov 02, 2015, 09:38 PM Last Edit: Nov 02, 2015, 11:23 PM by Legend

At time = 3m21s

That's a secrets. The hardware team have pretty much completed their work, but the software team are hard at work on those system features. That's why we are not showing the system UI or the non-VR gaming experience when you have PlayStation VR and that will come soon, in the future.

Mmm_fish_tacos

feature=youtu.be

At time = 3m21s

people on gaf think it will lead to a sub hd resolution.

the-pi-guy

people on gaf think it will lead to a sub hd resolution.
Think that's mostly under the assumption that the experience will be like the OR thing for XB1.  
Which I wouldn't mind.  The thing that would bother me, is if that was the only thing available.  But having actual PSVR games and having that type of experience on the side would be novel and certainly something I would like to try out once or twice.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Think that's mostly under the assumption that the experience will be like the OR thing for XB1.  
Which I wouldn't mind.  The thing that would bother me, is if that was the only thing available.  But having actual PSVR games and having that type of experience on the side would be novel and certainly something I would like to try out once or twice.  
I think if it's done right it would be something I'd like to do often.  If the picture quality is similar to a projector but with better colors then I think that's okay. There's nothing like playing a game on a huge screen even if you do loose some resolution in the process. Besides, wouldn't it be similar to up scaling? As it would take a full 1080p picture and reduce it to the screen size?

Legend

Nov 03, 2015, 02:30 PM Last Edit: Nov 03, 2015, 02:34 PM by Legend

Sounds like he was meaning shareplay and the like.

Go Up