Next-gen MS console is codenamed Scarlett (Update: 2020 rumors).

Started by ethomaz, Jun 11, 2018, 11:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Yeap they announced at conference.

Most new announces yesterday are next-gen only or cross-gen.

What do you think about that?

Ludicrous Speed

Cool, I didn't see next gen only or cross gen once during the conference. Link?

ethomaz

Jun 11, 2018, 11:53 AM Last Edit: Jun 11, 2018, 11:59 AM by ethomaz
Cool, I didn't see next gen only or cross gen once during the conference. Link?
Cyberpunk 2077 is cross-gen (that is old news).
Halo Infinite is cross-gen.
Starfield is next-gen only.
The Elder of Scrolls VI is next-gen only.

Xevross

Cyberpunk 2077 is cross-gen (that is old news).
Halo Infinite is cross-gen.
Starfield is next-gen only.
The Elder of Scrolls VI is next-gen only.
Making next gen only games already seems weird. Must be at least two years away, maybe 3.

kitler53

i can 100% believe every game announce this/next year are cross-gen titles because titles announced this year will be 2019+ and well,.. generations and intentionally blurry right now. forward/backward compatibility is more an expectation than a surprise.

but next gen only?  i call battleship on that.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

i can 100% believe every game announce this/next year are cross-gen titles because titles announced this year will be 2019+ and well,.. generations and intentionally blurry right now. forward/backward compatibility is more an expectation than a surprise.

but next gen only?  i call battleship on that.
Yeah any big title launching when a next gen console is out will be cross gen. So they all make sense. Next gen only is dumb though. At the start of this gen we had cross gen games for ages.

ethomaz

Jun 11, 2018, 01:45 PM Last Edit: Jun 11, 2018, 01:51 PM by ethomaz

but next gen only?  i call battleship on that.
Yeah any big title launching when a next gen console is out will be cross gen. So they all make sense. Next gen only is dumb though. At the start of this gen we had cross gen games for ages.
Bethesda said the Starfield is next-gen only with no PS4/XB1 version in mind.

They said The Elder of Scrolls VI won't come before Starfield... so it is next-gen only too.

You guys can't not believe but right now they are announced only for next-gen :D

ethomaz

Jun 11, 2018, 01:46 PM Last Edit: Jun 11, 2018, 02:16 PM by ethomaz
A chat with Phil Spencer about next gen Xbox consoles • Eurogamer.net

Interesting he says streaming won't replace generations like Ubisoft believes... so right MS thinks we will have more than one next-gen console.

the-pi-guy

I think we are aways away from having streaming be the future.

Internet sucks deeply.

Legend

Internet sucks deeply.
Yeah I posted this to you before but especially with VR, local hardware isn't going anyway. Streaming high quality VR over the internet is still decades away and by then VR will be even higher quality and need even better internet.

kitler53

Internet sucks deeply.
don't worry,.. net neutrality died this week.  fast internet is available for all those willing to pay through the nose for it!

ethomaz

kitler53

too soon if you ask me.  the generation has  been so under utilized new hardware seems completely unnecessary.  the last thing i want is game development cycles to balloon even higher from the current 3-5 year standard.

ethomaz

Soon? Well what MS Asia thinks about...

Quote from: Eroke
MS Asia Business Lead says

"Many engineers are working hard to release the new console until next year, and they are working to release it as soon as possible"

Link

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ko&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ko&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.gamemeca.com/view.php?gid=1468414&edit-text=

Dr. Pezus

Making next gen only games already seems weird. Must be at least two years away, maybe 3.
Making them isn't. Announcing them now is.