Xbox Series |OT|

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 16, 2020, 11:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Seems like Starfield is definitely not this year, unlike earlier rumours.
:'(

I'll at least be happy to see it. Really curious to see if it's just Fallout in space like The Outer Worlds or if it's more dynamic with spaceships and the like.

kitler53

Seems like Starfield is definitely not this year, unlike earlier rumours.
i always thought those early rumors were more of wishful thinking than anything.   it always seems the rumor come around about how huge and massive MS's whatever is going to be and reality never lines up with the hype.

:'(

I'll at least be happy to see it. Really curious to see if it's just Fallout in space like The Outer Worlds or if it's more dynamic with spaceships and the like.
i'd say it's 50/50 on if you'll even get that level of detail.  if the game really didn't even go to production until 2019 right as covid struck then there is a good chance all you'll get is a CGI trailer.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

May 20, 2021, 04:35 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 05:06 PM by the-pi-guy
If the game really didn't even go to production until 2019 right as covid struck then there is a good chance all you'll get is a CGI trailer.
I retract my statement:

Todd Howard says production started after Fallout 4.  (late 2015/early 2016).

And the game was in preproduction well before that, with a trademark in 2013. 

Xevross

Todd Howard says production started after Fallout 4.  (late 2015/early 2016).

And the game was in preproduction well before that, with a trademark in 2013.  
Schreier says full production only started after Fallout 76 release in late 2019

the-pi-guy

Schreier says full production only started after Fallout 76 release in late 2019
Huh fair enough.  I missed the follow-up tweet.

kitler53

Huh fair enough.  I missed the follow-up tweet.

who knows if Schreier is right or not.  but if he is right this game is probably fall of 2022 at earliest and more likely 2023 due to covid impact.

i dunno.  MS has a huuuuuuge precedent of releasing CGI trailers long before the game is even close to being ready.   sometimes before even starting development...   i expect we'll see starfield at their conference.   what i don't expect is that they are ready to show gameplay on starfield,.. or hellblade 2,.. or project mara,.. or fable,.. or everwild,.. or perfect dark.   we'll see gameplay on halo, forza, psychonauts 2, flight sim and more first party GGI announcements on games that are most of a generation away from releasing.

this is one thing i'm happy about with sony.   they were just as bad as MS a few years back but have really shown much more restraint in not showing a game too early.  12-18 is appropriate for massive franchises but most games should target 6-9 months imo.

the-pi-guy

MS made Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos exclusive to Xbox for two years.

kitler53

MS made Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos exclusive to Xbox for two years.
smh...

Legend

Seems it was a mistake...

Legend

Fudge Gamepass.

Observation leaves on the 15th. Guess it's time for me to play it.

the-pi-guy

$400 for 2TB.  8)

Legend

kitler53

i  put a bigger drive into my ps3.   

all i have to say is that huge drive simply allowed me to be sloppy with downloading a bunch of games i was never going to play any time soon.  i made a decision to not upgrade my ps4 and things were just fine.  ps4 had plenty of space to hold:
- the games i was playing by myself
- the game i was playing with my co-op buddy
- the games i was playing with my son
- a couple of my evergreen titles (aka rocket league that i take breaks and come back to all the time)
- a couple of backlog games

with ps5 it's even better.  the games are slightly smaller and the driver is slightly larger.  i have everything i need downloaded and about 35% free space.   downloads are pretty dang fast too.  i downloaded pumpkin jack (albiet a small game) in like 3 minutes yesterday.  

all this to say,.. fudge drive expansions.  they aren't needed and i don't care how overpriced they are.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Craig is in good hands, trust me! He has gone through some changes, but I am here to say that he has glammed up. He is feeling very good about himself and has fit back in well with the rest of his Brute friends. He has also picked up a new hobby and has done well for himself. Long live Craig!
Inside Infinite - October 2021 | Halo Infinite | Halo - Official Site

Go Up