Days Gone: bet on the Metacritic

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 22, 2019, 03:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Same rules as the GOW thread. Give a high, medium, and low prediction.

IE you expect it to get a 95 so you set that as your middle. Then you set 97 as your high because you don't think the game has a good chance of scoring above that. Then you set 88 as your low because you don't expect the game to score lower than that.

RESULTS WILL NOW BE SCORED SO THAT AN OVERALL WINNER CAN BE DETERMINED AT THE END OF THE YEAR. IF YOU HAVE THE CLOSEST PREDICTION, YOU EARN POINTS: SCORE +=100-(high prediction-low prediction)*2. IF THE FINAL MC FALLS OUTSIDE YOUR HIGH AND LOW PREDICTIONS, YOU LOSE POINTS: SCORE -=50.

Review embargo ends when the countdown ends. Feel free to post predictions and edit them up till that time.

the-pi-guy

Reviews in 3 days!  

nnodley

kinda optimistic, but who knows it could be a disaster of a game.

Legend

Dr. Pezus

BananaKing

Low 71
Mid 78
High 82

I'm getting it regardless though .Just when the price drops and it gets cheap most likely

the-pi-guy

Xevross

dang, missed this could have gone low and won easily.

IGN 6.5, Gamespot 5. Opencritic 72 after 46 reviews. Meta 71 after 45 reviews.

Yeah, looks like I was never hot on the game for a reason.

DerNebel

Bummer. Hope it still sells millions so Bend can stick around.

nnodley

Sounds like some are saying it has it's moments, but the rest is just average.  Fine with me, still looks fun and interesting to me.  Just pre-loaded last night!  Will give some impressions tomorrow after i play for a bit at midnight and the next morning.

Dr. Pezus

Apr 25, 2019, 01:42 PM Last Edit: Apr 25, 2019, 01:44 PM by Dr. Pezus

Hmm still didn't expect it to be this average

When did reviews arrive?

Legend

Lame. Game looked to have something good in its zombie mechanics but I guess they tried too hard to make it something more than that.

kitler53

never looked like my kind of game.  if it is only so-so that means i'm almost certain to pass on this one.  no problem for me,.. i have too many games to play anyways.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Hmm still didn't expect it to be this average
When did reviews arrive?
A few mins before I made that post.

DerNebel

I'm not surprised that resetera is acting like the game is being ripped apart in reviews, I mean reviews aren't outstanding and I myself definitely cooled on the game but overall it still got a Metascore of 72 and overall 47 out of 77 reviews counted are in the green as well, so it's not like the game is universally hated or something, some reviewers definitely did but they look to be in the minority.

Honestly I just hope this'll be something like a Wildlands 2.0 situation cause, not only do I not think that Bend'll get much of a chance to improve for their next project, if this one isn't financially successful, they might not be given a chance for a new project at all, which would be a huge shame.