Why did no one warn me that Rime is this bad?

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Dec 02, 2019, 11:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

This is the kind of title written by someone who treats their own opinion as fact. I know you're not that kind of guy, Mike! It has a 78 on opencritic, with plenty of reviews in the "weak" range, so a little research would have shown its perfectly possible for you to not like Rime when you play it.
(the title and op are primarily hyperbole)

Yeah from what I've seen I wouldn't describe it as a puzzle game. It looks like its one of those Journey style, chill indie adventure games but it doesn't pull it off anywhere near as well. The devs describe it as "puzzle-adventure", which I guess implies it should be a bit more puzzle focused than it actually is. Plus this kind of game has been done a lot now, and Rime doesn't seem to do much to be unique.
One specific thing I'm interested in is the game's fox that shows you where to go. Was this added in to help with player confusion or was it planned to be there the whole time? It was very hard to see on screen and half of my game was marco polo using surround sound and the fox's "bark" for lack of a better word.