October 2020 NPD - 736k Switch, 68k XB1, 39k PS4

Viewing single post

Started by Xevross, Nov 12, 2020, 11:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

just as a perspective, I feel like December is going to be abnormally low this year.  

as a parent I have never started my Xmas shopping before black friday before because that's when the deals start.  ..but this year I've already started and intend to be done with my shopping by the end of November.  I'm being driven by 2 reasons:

- in this covid economy there are frequent runs on the strangest of thing.  example: we had to by the economy 500 pack of plastic easter eggs for Halloween because there was a run on the smaller quanties.

- purchases not arriving before Xmas has become frequent occurances in the last two weeks of December in a normal year.  in a covid year I am worried that shipping delay will get a lot bigger.  I don't want to be that bumb parent that doesn't have gifts on Xmas.

Yes it could well be something like that happens. I have different minds about it. I can see Switch underperforming the next two months but I can also see it exploding and anything in between.

Guess we'll see, but I think this month being so high and bigger than last month points more towards exploding for me.