Brexit has finally happened!

Started by Dr. Pezus, Jan 31, 2020, 11:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Only took 4 years or so. As of tonight Britain has left the European Union.

Legend

Huh. They actually did it.

the-pi-guy

Spoiler for Hidden:
good luck to the UK.

Xevross

Why would you do this :(

Honestly its amazing how quiet this has been. After the election everyone just accepted this was happening so its kind of felt like a none event. I suppose brexiteers are celebrating.

Dr. Pezus

Why would you do this :(

Honestly its amazing how quiet this has been. After the election everyone just accepted this was happening so its kind of felt like a none event. I suppose brexiteers are celebrating.
Why? I didn't know until 10 minutes before I posted that  :o

Xevross

Why? I didn't know until 10 minutes before I posted that  :o
I've been purposely avoiding any brexit news or discussion for the last couple of months, makes me sad.

Dr. Pezus

I've been purposely avoiding any brexit news or discussion for the last couple of months, makes me sad.
I have avoided it too. Just don't see the point

Xevross

I have avoided it too. Just don't see the point
Indeed, I barely even care. I've swayed here and there on brexit for the last few years but ultimately my opinion of it is that its nowhere near as big of a deal as most people try to make out. Sure some things will change, perhaps some jobs might be lost to Europe and some items may be more expensive due to trade but that's about it for what the normal person will feel. Its business and idustries that got help from EU that will suffer.

I just stopped caring, whatever happens happens now, there's nothing we can do about it until the next election.

BananaKing

It's weird seeing what's happening here (UK) as an outsider (since in not originally from the UK). I wonder if Scotland will have a referendum for independence after this

Xevross

It's weird seeing what's happening here (UK) as an outsider (since in not originally from the UK). I wonder if Scotland will have a referendum for independence after this
I hope they do. Scotland deserve to be free of Westminster.