Xevross

Legend

goombas in my zelda. No

Xevross

Direct saved at the end by two good announcements. Decent overall

DerNebel

Well fudge..

It's Links Awakening, which I wanted... but it's so ugly. D:

The Platinum Games game looked interesting.

Dr. Pezus

Nintendo going all in on the port, indie and remake wagon that fans slated Sony for early this gen lulz. Where was animal crossing?

Xevross

Lack of animal crossing is weird, I guess it must be coming out towards the end of the year

Nintendo going all in on the port, indie and remake wagon that fans slated Sony for early this gen lulz. Where was animal crossing?
Indeed.

Xevross

Honestly can't help but laugh at all the craziness around Nintendo Directs when its just that. People went crazy but for what exactly? Things like this seem better off with no buildup or hype.

Xevross

Well fudge..

It's Links Awakening, which I wanted... but it's so ugly. D:

The Platinum Games game looked interesting.
Yeah I'm not digging the artstyle, I'll probably still get it.

Fire Emblem seems interesting, although I'm not sure if I like the whole teacher approach. Guess I'll wait to see more, but I was hoping to be sold.

So Switch still is offering me pretty much nothing until June. Sad.

DerNebel

Honestly can't help but laugh at all the craziness around Nintendo Directs when its just that. People went crazy but for what exactly? Things like this seem better off with no buildup or hype.
Nintendo fans seem literally unable to not go completely overboard with hyping up these things. But it's fine as afterwards they'll always pretend like nobody was expecting more than what Nintendo delivered.

That being said there were two games in there that I'll likely get, and they are both for the second half of the year, which is still pretty empty for me.

So for the first time in a while Nintendo managed to satisfy me with one of their Directs.

Link's Awakening is one of my favourite games of all time, highly recommended to the guys in here who never played it.

Xevross

Nintendo fans seem literally unable to not go completely overboard with hyping up these things. But it's fine as afterwards they'll always pretend like nobody was expecting more than what Nintendo delivered.

That being said there were two games in there that I'll likely get, and they are both for the second half of the year, which is still pretty empty for me.

So for the first time in a while Nintendo managed to satisfy me with one of their Directs.

Link's Awakening is one of my favourite games of all time, highly recommended to the guys in here who never played it.
I'm seeing quite a lot of people saying the Direct was awesome, which is good for them I guess. Also this definitely was the anime direct, lmao. So thinking about what they showed, I'm at least somewhat interested in getting

SMM2 - fairly interested although 2D mario ain't my thing
MAU3 - marvel is my thing and this looks fun but also a bit crud
FE: Three Houses - seems like it could be great but I'll need more convincing
Astral Chain - looks awesome but then again Nier Automata was a let down for me
Links Awakening - I dislike the artstyle but I'm getting this for sure.

On top of that the direct had lots of anime and ports and.... that's it?

Missing:

Pokemon Gen 8
Animal Crossing
Bayo 3
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Retro's new game
Smash DLC info/ new characters
+ insert nintendo fan's hopes and dreams here

Yeah. Decent Direct. You wouldn't expect many of those missing things to be there, but I think hoping for at least two of those wouldn't have been at all unreasonable.

DerNebel

I'm seeing quite a lot of people saying the Direct was awesome, which is good for them I guess. Also this definitely was the anime direct, lmao. So thinking about what they showed, I'm at least somewhat interested in getting

SMM2 - fairly interested although 2D mario ain't my thing
MAU3 - marvel is my thing and this looks fun but also a bit crud
FE: Three Houses - seems like it could be great but I'll need more convincing
Astral Chain - looks awesome but then again Nier Automata was a let down for me
Links Awakening - I dislike the artstyle but I'm getting this for sure.

On top of that the direct had lots of anime and ports and.... that's it?

Missing:

Pokemon Gen 8
Animal Crossing
Bayo 3
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Retro's new game
Smash DLC info/ new characters
+ insert nintendo fan's hopes and dreams here

Yeah. Decent Direct. You wouldn't expect many of those missing things to be there, but I think hoping for at least two of those wouldn't have been at all unreasonable.

Astral Chain (I'll probably keep forgetting the title of this until it's out)
+ Link's Awakening (even though I'm lukewarm on the artstyle for sure) for me.  

Cute Pikachu

I liked the direct because my summer is gonna be packed with 4 big games.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

kitler53

nintendo does like 3-5 directs a year and nintendo fans hype up every direct like it will be an "E3" amount of content and announcements.  that is just not a reasonable expectation,.. no one has that much content to announce.  

mario maker 2, astral chain, link's awakening.   none of that is exactly my bag but as a representation of only 1/5 of nintendo's announcements for the year it's not reasonable to say they were short on content.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up