So do we expect Sony to show up to Paris or PSX this year with new announcements?

Started by Legend, Aug 13, 2018, 10:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Wonder what happened to that Sony Japanese RPG that was rumored? Was that Ghost or was the leaker a fake?
I think that was Verendus, but iirc GAF figured he wasn't actually in the know after some things didn't end up happening.  

Kerotan

On one hand Sony did super well to get titles like monster Hunter and Dq11 on ps4. Games like inazuma 11 too. But on the other hand I'm surprised they couldn't get yokai watch 4. I wonder if Nintendo secured exclusivity?

DerNebel

Aug 26, 2018, 08:43 AM Last Edit: Aug 26, 2018, 12:17 PM by DerNebel
Wonder what happened to that Sony Japanese RPG that was rumored? Was that Ghost or was the leaker a fake?
Yeah, like Pi-guy said, that was Verendus, who turned out to be a phony. If you actually look back at his "leaks" it becomes pretty obvious, that he's either just throwing out obvious things, things that were super broad and vague or at times he just made guesses, that he would claim didn't pan out because "things change" if they didn't end up happening.

That or you are thinking about Henrik, who has been spinning this tale of a Sony Japan space RPG called Rayspace for months now. But that's not a rumour, that's just a guy scouring all the media pertaining to Sony Japan (interviews, videos, twitter posts) and then drawing conclusions from it way too liberally.

darkknightkryta

On one hand Sony did super well to get titles like monster Hunter and Dq11 on ps4. Games like inazuma 11 too. But on the other hand I'm surprised they couldn't get yokai watch 4. I wonder if Nintendo secured exclusivity?
I don't know, but NIS let slip that Nintendo paid for no physical version of SNK Heroines for PS4.  They made it sound like Nintendo is trying to secure indy deals.  Not saying Yokai Watch is indy, but they might be paying.

Legend

Yeah, like Pi-guy said, that was Verendus, who turned out to be a phony. If you actually look back at his "leaks" it becomes pretty obvious, that he's either just throwing out obvious things, things that were super broad and vague or at times he just made guesses, that he would claim didn't pan out because "things change" if they didn't end up happening.

That or you are thinking about Henrik, who has been spinning this tale of a Sony Japan space RPG called Rayspace for months now. But that's not a rumour, that's just a guy scouring all the media pertaining to Sony Japan (interviews, videos, twitter posts) and then drawing conclusions from it way too liberally.
Yeah it just felt like we were all so optimistic about PS4 Japanese games but that kinda fizzled out.

DerNebel

Aug 26, 2018, 05:21 PM Last Edit: Aug 26, 2018, 08:47 PM by DerNebel
Yeah it just felt like we were all so optimistic about PS4 Japanese games but that kinda fizzled out.
Only thing we can hope is that Nintendo coming back lights a fire under Sonys dog and sees them trying better with that market. They can't go around making empty statements like "our goal is it to sell one PS4 per japanese household" and then have what they are currently doing be their "strategy" to achieve that goal.

I guess even if Sony has gotten this wake up call, it won't be until the next generation that we maybe see some results for it, but that would be better than nothing.               

darkknightkryta

Isn't the guy who took over from House a Japanese guy? Like he has a different tune than his predecessors.

the-pi-guy

Isn't the guy who took over from House a Japanese guy? Like he has a different tune than his predecessors.
John Kodera.  
We will have to see.  

darkknightkryta

John Kodera.  
We will have to see.  
Was he the one quoted in saying he wanted another handheld?  Or was that a different guy?

the-pi-guy

Was he the one quoted in saying he wanted another handheld?  Or was that a different guy?
Yeah.

"In my opinion, rather than separating portable gaming from consoles, it's necessary to continue thinking of it (portable gaming) as one method to deliver more gaming experiences and exploring what our customers want from portable," Kodera said at a roundtable interview on Wednesday in Tokyo. "We want to think about many options."
Terms of Service Violation

Legend

Legend

I bloody missed TGS lol  :'(

the-pi-guy

Just think. 
If the PS5 comes in 2019, we are only months before it's announced.

DerNebel

Just think.  
If the PS5 comes in 2019, we are only months before it's announced.
It won't though, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I watched the show, it was ok, for what it was. That Cygames game Project Awakening looked great (though that was probably mostly either CG or not PS4 hardware), Project Prelude Rune looks like it could become a decent JRPG, Sekiro, Resident Evil 2 and KH3 still look great. Some unintentionally funny moments thanks to the live translations.

A lot of trailers, were simply re-cuts of already released trailers and the order of things was way off, how do you start with a high point like Project Awakening (seriously, if you just watch one thing from this conference, make it that trailer, it looks amazing) and then end on freaking Everybody's Golf VR??? Also Japan Studio brought nothing new, which isn't really surprising but disappointing nonetheless.

the-pi-guy

It won't though, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, I'm still thinking 2020.  

Go Up