BananaKing

And zero of them are a new red dead redemption:(

Legend

Rdr2 just came out!

BananaKing

Rdr2 just came out!
2 years ago!!

It's an amazing game. My friends are playing it now and I'm watching it the dude, fudgy hell this game is SO good.

I absolutely love rockstar and their games and RDR is their best. Cant wait for a new one, specially one with new characters and gang. The dutch gang saga is concluded IMO.

the-pi-guy

At the pace they're going, probably something like 2027/2028.  

Probably GTA VI in 2023 or something.

BananaKing

At the pace they're going, probably something like 2027/2028.  

Probably GTA VI in 2023 or something.
*Cries*

I really hope they pick up their pace to be honest. It would be crazy if all rockstar studios worked on one game at a time. I can understand shifting resources at times during development. But all rockstar studios spending 8 years on a game would be insane

the-pi-guy

Take-Two warns not every game in its 93 title pipeline will release | ResetEra

Take-two is currently making 93 games that it wants to ideally release by 2025. But not all of these games will actually come out, and the company delivers a lot of context and warnings on what to expect.

I was reading through the Take-Two Interactive FY20 transcript and saw some interesting comments from TTWO president Karl Slatoff and CEO Strauss Zelnick. Essentially Slatoff warns investors that not all of these games will come out (and more could be added), especially the 46 new IPs in dev, and that new IP is less of a priority than core franchises.

I thought this deserved its own thread because I've seen lots of news articles that don't really add the context that these comments provide.

I did a quick graph to illustrate the mix of new games coming out, but idk if this is the best way to show the data. I was wracking my brain with what graphs to use (would pie graphs be better?)

Essentially Take-Two revealed this number to show investors they're serious about ramping up scale. They didn't do it to steal headlines.

Here's what Slatoff said:

Obviously though, games that are coming out, that are part of existing franchises, the rate of completion on that is obviously much, much higher.

"For new IPs in various stages of development. I mean, for something that might be in a prototype stage. Maybe it could be anywhere from -- it could be half the time or it could be 75% of the time, it really just depends.

"And we've got titles that are in various different stages of development in that pipeline that I suggested.

"And look, the more new projects that we have with new IP, you could probably expect that the completion rate to be lower than if it was just our existing franchises, and we do have a lot of IP in there.

"And just to stress again, those numbers assume that all those things come out, which we know is not going to be the case, but it also assumes that nothing gets added to the release slate, which also is not going to be the case."

"So this is a larger pipeline that we've had before. We've been talking about this for quite some time. And our expectation is we'd like to keep up this velocity. It's really important for us to build scale, and this is one way that we're doing it. We need more add backs.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
[/i]Here's what Zelnick said about the huge slate of games:

"So we don't need scale for scale's sake, but if we want to be the best in the business, and we do, then our financial results have to reflect that. And that means we have to have highly competitive operating margins, and the only thing standing in the way of that for us is scale.

"But again, if you buy scale in a foolish way, it won't help you. And if you buy scale and then can't maintain the success of that organization, thereby remain in your gross margins, you obviously would not benefit your operating margins."  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
[/i]  
[/size]