The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Viewing single post

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

the-pi-guy

Headset could handle asynchronous timewarp instead of the PC. Would help a ton when the occasional hiccup happens.

GearVR with tracking hopefully comes soon. It's the one thing that makes GearVR feel like trash relatively.
I still think even in that case, GearVR with tracking is still much sooner.  
You can probably make something in your house to give GearVR actual tracking, so I can't imagine it would be that far off.  
VisusVR

Samsung is working on a standalone wireless VR headset | VG247

But maybe the latter isn't that far off.  

Wireless Desktop VR May Be Closer Than You Think
Serious Simulations Claim Their 'Zero Frame Latency' Tech Can Make VR Headsets Wireless - Road to VR
---------------------------
Honestly it astounds me all the time just the list of everyone who is working on VR.
It's like every big company (Nvidia, AMD, Samsung, Google, Sony, Facebook/Oculus, etc) is working on VR, plus there's gotta be like 30,000 tiny-you've-never-heard-of-this-company companies also working on VR.  There's also tons of VR software being researched.  It is beyond incredible to me.  
--------------------------
On another note, it also astounds me just how clueless a lot of people still are about what VR is, and what it does.  

"VR isnt actually 3D. It's using head movement to create a 360 degree view."
I literally read this.  How does someone not get this?  How do you last 5 min on a PSVR subreddit, and not understand this.  :P