PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I'm expecting Horizon 2, GT7, something from Sony Japan in the first year or so.

BananaKing

I think it's possible for GT to be a lunch game. But what I'm expecting is this

Godfall and dark souls remake to ge launch titles.

Ratchet and clank first half of 2021

Horizon and GT second half of 2021

Possibly a japan studio game thrown into that mix. I wonder if bluepoint have had enough time to hit launch though, since they said the remake they are adding some of their own stuff to the remake. Maybe ratchet at launch and bluepoint first half of 2021

the-pi-guy

Possibly a japan studio game thrown into that mix. I wonder if bluepoint have had enough time to hit launch though, since they said the remake they are adding some of their own stuff to the remake. Maybe ratchet at launch and bluepoint first half of 2021
That'd be a poor showing.  
Sony needs some first party games day 1.  PS4 had Killzone and Knack day 1.  Driveclub was originally a day 1 game. Same with Second Son.

4 planned titles to 0 planned first party titles would be awful. Even though only 2 launched.

I expect:
-Sony Japan seems safe.
-GT something seems likely
-GG
-Insomniac is hard to say.

Although if GT7 comes day 1, they might have fewer games.

Legend

I am shocked Sony doesn't have a day 1 cross gen game like botw or Halo Infinite. It's an easy way to have a huge launch title without risking as much.

Maybe this means they have some huge next gen exclusives that could be there at launch, or maybe they're not worried about launch.

Xevross

As Pi said that would be a really subpar launch and I just don't see it.

Horizon is 100% planned to be a launch title, it may end up missing and fall in March like inFAMOUS last gen but I think Sony will be really throwing everything at it to make it their next gen showstopper from the get go.

My prediction is Godfall, Bluepoint's Remake, Horizon 2 and a Japan Studio game are planned for launch. One might slip or launch December instead but that should be okay. GT7 and Insomniac's game will be the big 2021 exclusives, with something else smaller accompanying them, perhaps something from Housemarque or another 3rd party partner.

Legend

Not worth a thread, do you think PS5 remote play will support Vita?

Is Vita truly dead?

Xevross

Not worth a thread, do you think PS5 remote play will support Vita?

Is Vita truly dead?
No, yes.

the-pi-guy

May 31, 2020, 07:10 PM Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 07:12 PM by the-pi-guy
Someone on Era is claiming PS2 and PS3 games will be playable.

Not sure if it's all games or if it's like PS2 on PS4 titles.

Legend

Someone on Era is claiming PS2 and PS3 games will be playable.

Not sure if it's all games or if it's like PS2 on PS4 titles.
That would be pretty cool.

the-pi-guy

That would be pretty cool.
Pretty cool is an understatement!

It'd be a killer feature.
But i'll believe it when I see it. 

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

Go Up