Vizioneck Halloween T.V. Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, Oct 15, 2014, 02:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Best Halloween Show/Movie

Linked Events

Go Down

darkknightkryta

So last year, I stumbled upon an episode of Simpsons that wasn't Treehouse of Horrors.  It was called "Halloween of Horrors".  Season 27, episode 4.  It was honestly one of the best episodes Simpsons I watched.  Nothing outrageous, just a regular episode of Simpsons that also doubles up as a Halloween special.  It was also on point, like almost as good as anything they did in season 4.  I normally watch Treehouse of Horrors 1-7, since they're timeless, but Halloween of Horrors has been added to the list.

darkknightkryta

One thing that bugs me about Sabrina is how they handled Salem.  They first show him off as an imp. They have him be badass in that pumpkin patch at the beginning.  He saved her from her initiation.  Then they stopped.  He just became a useless cat.

They should never have cancelled Ash vs Evil Dead.  That show is over the top greatness.

kitler53

watched the charlie brown halloween this weekend.  i love rewatching the holiday classics and both of my kids are old enough to enjoy it now.  was a great moment in parenting for me.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

I was looking for the Thanksgiving Charlie Brown special, but no one was airing anything Charlie Brown and I couldn't find it on the subs I have.

kitler53

I was looking for the Thanksgiving Charlie Brown special, but no one was airing anything Charlie Brown and I couldn't find it on the subs I have.
i don't think it is on any sub.  i have the dvds.

darkknightkryta

i don't think it is on any sub.  i have the dvds.
Weird thing is, the last time I saw a Peanuts special on T.V. it was actually redone.  Like, they took the old film, cleaned them up and put a nice looking hi-resolution video up.  Did they make Blurays?

Legend

Speaking of Charlie. First time since the 50's that it won't be on TV. Thanks apple  :P

‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’ won’t appear on broadcast TV this year

kitler53

Speaking of Charlie. First time since the 50's that it won't be on TV. Thanks apple  :P

‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’ won’t appear on broadcast TV this year
I saw that.  really makes me hate apple.  I wouldn't of cared if they had exclusive streaming rights but taking it away from broadcast is BS. 

darkknightkryta

Ash vs Evil Dead.  That is all.

darkknightkryta

Someone pinned this before I did  ;D

Legend

Someone pinned this before I did  ;D
I got you bro!

darkknightkryta

I'm getting the itch to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I'm looking at the DVD set for 150 cad.  I'm not sure if I'll pull the trigger.  I like the box art more in the 2010 set, but I can't find that set new anymore and the used sets are pretty beat up on ebay.

I remember when I was growing up, I liked Angel more than Buffy.  But I have no want to watch Angel.  I'd rather watch Buffy.  But I don't think I'd be able to watch Buffy after season 4... I think anyways.  It got off the rails after they graduated and went to College, whatever season that was.  As an aside, I felt the same about Hercules and Xena.  I used to like Xena more, but I can't sit through an episode of it anymore, I'd rather watch Hercules.

Gonna probably finish Chilling Adventures of Sabrina this year and Ash vs Evil Dead.  Then round out with Treehouse of Horrors.  Thinking about it, I think I might go look for Simpsons DVDs with those Buffy sets.

kitler53

I'm getting the itch to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I'm looking at the DVD set for 150 cad.  I'm not sure if I'll pull the trigger.  I like the box art more in the 2010 set, but I can't find that set new anymore and the used sets are pretty beat up on ebay.

I remember when I was growing up, I liked Angel more than Buffy.  But I have no want to watch Angel.  I'd rather watch Buffy.  But I don't think I'd be able to watch Buffy after season 4... I think anyways.  It got off the rails after they graduated and went to College, whatever season that was.  As an aside, I felt the same about Hercules and Xena.  I used to like Xena more, but I can't sit through an episode of it anymore, I'd rather watch Hercules.

Gonna probably finish Chilling Adventures of Sabrina this year and Ash vs Evil Dead.  Then round out with Treehouse of Horrors.  Thinking about it, I think I might go look for Simpsons DVDs with those Buffy sets.
buffy is on amazon if you have prime.   i have the dvds but i still watch on amazon because i'm that lazy.

darkknightkryta

Oct 13, 2021, 01:10 PM Last Edit: Oct 13, 2021, 01:20 PM by darkknightkryta
buffy is on amazon if you have prime.   i have the dvds but i still watch on amazon because i'm that lazy.
Are the Prime episodes that trashy HD version where it wasn't colour graded and smudged to the point of losing all details?  I also can't remember if that version was cropped or not.  If ti was cropped, it would make it all the more worse.

I managed to find some A.I. upscaled version of the DVDs out there on the interwebs.  There's some weird compression going on with it, so it's still smudgy, but at least it's colour graded.

Watched this year's Simpson's Treehouse of Horror.  Wasn't really good until The Ring parody.

kitler53

Are the Prime episodes that trashy HD version where it wasn't colour graded and smudged to the point of losing all details?  I also can't remember if that version was cropped or not.  If ti was cropped, it would make it all the more worse.

I managed to find some A.I. upscaled version of the DVDs out there on the interwebs.  There's some weird compression going on with it, so it's still smudgy, but at least it's colour graded.

Watched this year's Simpson's Treehouse of Horror.  Wasn't really good until The Ring parody.
not cropped but as i watched it i thought to myself,.. did TV really used to be this low rez?    i still enjoyed it because  the show is awesome but it made me think about how far we've come.

Go Up