Sony Group (not SIE) invests another $200m in Epic Games

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 13, 2021, 01:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

This round includes an additional $200M strategic investment from Sony Group Corporation, which builds on the already close relationship between the two companies and reinforces their shared mission to advance the state of the art in technology, entertainment, and socially-connected online services.

Announcing a $1 Billion Funding Round to Support Epic's Long-Term Vision for the Metaverse - Unreal Engine

Xevross

So $450mil invested in Epic now. Apparently that $250m they invested a year ago is now worth $400m itself, so seems like the investments are worth it.

kitler53

So $450mil invested in Epic now. Apparently that $250m they invested a year ago is now worth $400m itself, so seems like the investments are worth it.
i have no interest in sony's RoI on this.  what is this doing to improve my gaming experience?!?!  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

i have no interest in sony's RoI on this.  what is this doing to improve my gaming experience?!?!  
Nothing? This is just a business and they are making long term profit and strategic decisions here. This makes sense for them. I also wonder what this will mean for Sonys PC releases and EGS going forward