How do you feel about the PS5?

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 20, 2020, 02:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

DerNebel

Pretty good.

I get the disappointment about some early cross gen games and the price increase, but overall it looks to be continuing to provide the games I want, just at a faster rate (though that might just be early optimism on my part).

Xevross

Sep 20, 2020, 02:54 PM Last Edit: Sep 20, 2020, 06:52 PM by Xevross
Good overall. I'm as excited as I've ever been but the real possibility of me having to pay £25 more to pre-order AAA games this gen has deflated a lot of my hype for it.

Dr. Pezus

Good overall. I'm as excited that I've ever been but the real possibility of me having to pay £25 more to pre-order AAA games this gen has deflated a lot of my hype for it.
Don't preorder. Prices will drop

Legend

Been saying it all year. This gen gives me ps3 vibes. I think I'll love it but it'll be funky with highs and lows. Nothing like ps4 which only had ~3 misteps the entire generation.

the-pi-guy

Been saying it all year. This gen gives me ps3 vibes. I think I'll love it but it'll be funky with highs and lows. Nothing like ps4 which only had ~3 misteps the entire generation.

Which 3 are those?

Xevross

Don't preorder. Prices will drop
Yeah I'm not pre-ordering. Only got Miles so far because the price is okay for that.

the-pi-guy

Yeah I'm not pre-ordering. Only got Miles so far because the price is okay for that.
$50 for standalone DLC is okay?  
::)

the-pi-guy

I feel great about the platform.  SCE looks to continue making great games, great hardware.

I'm a bit worried about the more marketing aspect. All the really lovable people like Shu were pushed elsewhere. Jim Ryan is getting more heat than he deserves, but he has a business man persona. He doesn't really come off as a passionate gamer the way Shu does.  

Xevross

I feel great about the platform.  SCE looks to continue making great games, great hardware.

I'm a bit worried about the more marketing aspect. All the really lovable people like Shu were pushed elsewhere. Jim Ryan is getting more heat than he deserves, but he has a business man persona. He doesn't really come off as a passionate gamer the way Shu does.  
I can't imagine Jim Ryan actually playing games. He seems like a business man board room guy through and through.

Legend

Which 3 are those?
Issues with release delays/scheduling.
Not supporting crossplay till the last minute.

Then minor ones like bad game shows late in the gen, online costing money, and ps4 fan noise. Kinda add up to 1.

kitler53

I'll start with the cons
- price hike to $70
- horizon FW is cross gen

Neutral
- VR has no details yet but still i'm excited.  the ps5 controller doesn't have a light bar in front and since controller tracking is soo necessary in soo many VR games i'm taking that to mean sony has a much better solution for VR controllers.   if true,.. hype.  since unknown,.. neutral.

Pros:
- hardware design to "eliminate" load times
- dual sense seems cool.  not sure i'll love it but i'm excited to try.
- backward compatible with "99%" of ps4 games
- playstation collection is giving me 7 free games and 3 of them were on my "wist list" anyways so yay to free games!
- but mostly,. in the first year of playstation 5 seem we'll get
-------------------------------------- first party
   - astro's playroom
   - demon's souls
   - spider man miles morales
   - destruction all stars
   - sackboy: a big adventure
   - ratchet and clank
   - god of war: ragnarok
   - horizon forbidden west
-------------------------------------- third party
   - godfall
   - kena
   - deathloop
   - hogwarts legacy
   - immortals fenyx rising
   - cyberpunk 2077
   - resident evial village
-------------------------------------- first party maybe

- gran turismo 7
   - returnal

yeah,.. so of those are cross gen but this is one hell of a big year for gaming.

so i'm pretty much over the moon happy with ps5 right now.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens