The Forum RPG is released for play testing

Started by Legend, Jan 05, 2016, 07:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

As far as the backpack system goes, it's good, but that might take a bit of work to implement.

Took four days to get functioning, and realistically has another few hours of work till I can move on to the next thing.

Next thing being dialogue, which we should probably keep mechanically simple considering how long inventory took. There are two types of dialogue:

1 Player to NPC in-game
2 Player to Major NPC on forum wall

How should we do each?

Xbro

Depends on how deep you want the options to go.
3 people like this

Legend

Yeah I'll just set up a standard waterfall system, and add a few standard options to the side.

Legend

OK dialogue is set up. This thing is getting awfully close to being playready.

Engine wise I only have NPC population and stats to handle.

Then all that's left is clean up! Add/edit things under dev tools, add a few more dev tools so you guys have full control, and change map things to make it less cluttered.

the-pi-guy

OK dialogue is set up. This thing is getting awfully close to being playready.
Engine wise I only have NPC population and stats to handle.
Then all that's left is clean up! Add/edit things under dev tools, add a few more dev tools so you guys have full control, and change map things to make it less cluttered.
*finishes an RPG in like 3 weeks*
"Yeah guys, VizionEck will now be releasing 2020.  It'll be great."

Cute Pikachu

The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

*finishes an RPG in like 3 weeks*
"Yeah guys, VizionEck will now be releasing 2020.  It'll be great."
Three weeks for an RPG is slow, I finished VizionEck 1.0 in just two weeks haha!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Three weeks for an RPG is slow, I finished VizionEck 1.0 in just two weeks haha!

Vizioneck 1.0 2 weeks, Vizioneck 2.0 20 years.

Legend

Vizioneck 1.0 2 weeks, Vizioneck 2.0 20 years.
Well now we're just splitting hairs, but VizionEck 1.0 2 weeks, VizionEck 2.0 2 years, VizionEck 3.0 graham years.

Legend

NPC population is a go. Handled in a pretty similar system to inventory population.

Right now there isn't much procedural generation tools or control, but I set up a very quick name grid. 302 possible first names and 195 possible last names. Last major thing is player skills/levels. I made a mockup while doing loadout, but I'd love to hear your ideas first.

Then I'll clean up the dev tools/add full functionality and you guys can go to town with creating the game itself. Currently it's more of a tech demo tbh. It needs the fun!

We also need a name!

Legend

I went ahead and added the RPG to the main menu.

Feel free to buy and trade in the interest of making money. RPG money is technically separate from Shop money so if/when things are horribly unbalanced and we need to readjust, I can do that without touching the money you've made by posting or stealing.

Xevross

I went ahead and added the RPG to the main menu.

Feel free to buy and trade in the interest of making money. RPG money is technically separate from Shop money so if/when things are horribly unbalanced and we need to readjust, I can do that without touching the money you've made by posting or stealing.
So it should be working when I click on things?

Legend

So it should be working when I click on things?
On the map?

Only nearby cities can be clicked.

Xevross

On the map?

Only nearby cities can be clicked.
I've clicked on all of them and nothing happens

Legend

Feb 19, 2016, 04:20 PM Last Edit: Feb 19, 2016, 04:22 PM by Legend
I've clicked on all of them and nothing happens
Try zooming in a bit.

Which browser are you on?

And click the city name not the icon.