What type of games did you play as a kid?

Started by Legend, Feb 13, 2018, 03:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I rented most games from blockbuster. Went for the ones with good covers. Didn't really know about games unless they were in gamepro or my friends talked about them.

darkknightkryta

Not gonna lie, I miss renting games.  If I didn't have a back log I'd definitely get PS Plus

BananaKing

as a kid? pretty much nintendo games. mario, mario kart, banjoo kazooi, rampage, mario party, donkey kong. then we got a PS1 when i got a bit older so i also played crash, fifa, pes, some WWE at times, spyro, crash team racing, Mortal Kombat.

the-pi-guy

Parents had a SNES and N64. Played super Mario RPG, donkey Kong 64, super Mario Bros, and a few others.  

They got me a PS2.  Played Jak games, final fantasy, Naruto games, some Yu-Gi-Oh games, radiata stories, kingdom hearts and others

Legend

as a kid? pretty much nintendo games. mario, mario kart, banjoo kazooi, rampage, mario party, donkey kong. then we got a PS1 when i got a bit older so i also played crash, fifa, pes, some WWE at times, spyro, crash team racing, Mortal Kombat.

Mario party was the best. I have like 5 of them.

Which spyro? I only had the one with the stolen eggs but I loved it.

Xevross

Feb 13, 2018, 05:00 PM Last Edit: Feb 13, 2018, 05:04 PM by Xevross
Not sure I ever rented any games. My family never had much money, and I was never given much money, so I didn't get many games and they were mostly just what people bought for me at christmas/ birthday.

When I was much younger I mostly played fifa and licensed games attached to films, like finding nemo (which I have very fond memories of funnily enough). I played some more 'core' games like crash bandicoot and gran turismo but not very much at all.

PS2 was a bit better, I mostly got fifa and other sports games but I remember playing the shame out of Lego Star Wars and GTA San Andreas, which were my favourite games for ages.

When I got a DS I started playing pokemon and loved it, as well as Mario Kart. Wii was great and introduced me to 3D mario as well as games like mario and sonic at the olympics, wii fit and mario party. On PSP I got fifa, f1 and GTA games and that's about it.

PS3 was when I finally started getting enough money to buy games for myself. I got stuff like Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, COD and Dragon Age, although I still couldn't get much and had to trade in games to afford new stuff.

2013 (when I turned 15) was when I started working for my Dad. I got enough money for a PS4, and started buying some PC games. Since then I've been playing catch up on all the games I missed. I only played franchises like Final Fantasy, Ratchet and Clank, Zelda, Souls, God of War, Civilization, Borderlands etc. for the first time quite recently.

I've had (roughly in order) PS1, Game Boy, PC games, PS2, DS, PSP, Wii, PS3, 3DS, X360, PS4, Vita and Switch throughout my life. Except for PS4 and PC I probably had less than 10 games for all of them. I reckon I've bought about 50 PS4 games by now. This is definitely the first proper generation of gaming for me.

the-pi-guy

I have only rented a few games.  Big mistake.  
That's how I first played portal 2.  

Waste of money, ended up buying it anyway.  

Dr. Pezus

All kinds of games when I was a young kid. I developed a particular taste for platformers, driving games, football games and adventure ggame

Legend

All kinds of games when I was a young kid. I developed a particular taste for platformers, driving games, football games and adventure ggame
What happened with your post?

Which platformers?

Dr. Pezus

What happened with your post?

Which platformers?
I was trying to fix the swiftkey stuff

Crash, spyro, mario mostly