PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

I saw the first two trailers and then avoided more.

Once you're sold on a game, why would you want to see more?
For the hyyyypppppeeeeeeeeeee

Kerotan

Yeah that's probably for the best. Pretty sure it was a thread title on gaf/era though so it was hard to avoid.
Funny thing is that opening 15mins was completely changed. They put wolves that attack you where that troll was and atreus says after I almost thought we were going to get attacked by a troll. A reference to the change from the trailer. I prefer the way they change things otherwise they'd of effectively spoiled the opening 15mins with the reveal.

BananaKing

Supermassive games confirmed that they are working on multiple PS exclusives. I'm thinking most likely a VR game and a "big" game like until dawn. If they do another good big game I think Sony should buy them.

Legend

Kerotan

Just platinumed the first spyro. Took less then 7 hours. Piece of piss compared to the 3 crash bandicoots. The nostalgia was off the charts for me. My first ever game.

I'll take a break before start spyro 2. I never completed it back in the day but managed to on the ps3 a few years back. So the nostalgia buzz won't be as big. It's my least favourite.

Then I'll leave spyro 3 to sometime next year. My favourite of the series. Played it and completed it so many times back in the day.

Legend

Year of the dragon is the only one I've played. Loved it so much as a kid.

darkknightkryta

I only played a demo way back when.  I also remember seeing it at The Bay (Sort of like a high end Sears) way back when they still had video games, and T.V.s for that matter.  It stuck with me then for whatever reason.

Xevross

I never played a Spyro game :-\

Dr. Pezus

Year of the dragon is the only one I've played. Loved it so much as a kid.
Same

I never played a Spyro game :-\
Buy the remaster!

Xevross

Buy the remaster!
Maybe at some point I'll get it.

Kerotan

Yeah the remastered trilogy folks. You can't call yourselves gamers with PlayStations and not played these. The trilogy won't be long going $25 on sale. Maybe even this year. Well worth it.

BananaKing

Nov 15, 2018, 08:57 PM Last Edit: Nov 15, 2018, 09:04 PM by BananaKing
I played the spyro games, I remember (I think) I finished 3 and it was awesome. Back then the maps seemed huge and connected in an awesome way. Plus the gameplay was great and the graphics at the time were the shame.

Sony announced they will have no E3 in 2019.

PS5 confirmed for 2020 it seems

Announcing their games years in advanced really hurt them it seems when it came to the last few years of PS4 life when it comes to E3 announcements

DerNebel

Nov 15, 2018, 09:36 PM Last Edit: Nov 15, 2018, 09:56 PM by DerNebel
I played the spyro games, I remember (I think) I finished 3 and it was awesome. Back then the maps seemed huge and connected in an awesome way. Plus the gameplay was great and the graphics at the time were the shame.

Sony announced they will have no E3 in 2019.

PS5 confirmed for 2020 it seems

Announcing their games years in advanced really hurt them it seems when it came to the last few years of PS4 life when it comes to E3 announcements

.... which had absolutely zero negative effect on their bottom line, their momentum or the sales of their first party titles, which outside of arguably their momentum are the highest they've ever been by a significant margin.

Looking back I personally would have prefered it if they had shuffeled their first party announcements around somewhat myself, but we really can't pretend like the method they've used here hasn't worked wonderfully for them.

But yes, looks like I can safely ignore E3 next year outside of Nintendo's Direct I guess.

Oh and I want to extend a heartfelt "Go fudge yourself" to Zhuge for actually teasing this shame like it was news worth looking forward to.

Edit: Resetera deserves to be nuked off the internet.

BananaKing

.... which had absolutely zero negative effect on their bottom line, their momentum or the sales of their first party titles, which outside of arguably their momentum are the highest they've ever been by a significant margin.

Looking back I personally would have prefered it if they had shuffeled their first party announcements around somewhat myself, but we really can't pretend like the method they've used here hasn't worked wonderfully for them.

But yes, looks like I can safely ignore E3 next year outside of Nintendo's Direct I guess.

Oh and I want to extend a heartfelt "Go fudge yourself" to Zhuge for actually teasing this shame like it was news worth looking forward to.

Edit: Resetera deserves to be nuked off the internet.
Their marketing this gen has been absolutely spot on with a few exepexcept like GT Sport. Announcing early has worked for Uncharted, horizon, Spiderman and GoW. And will most likely continue to work for their other big games. I agree with you that it has been a success

However with development time increasing rapidly for Sony first part titles, it seems they are having trouble with shows late in the gen. And now it seems most of their studios are shifting their work to PS5. Or finishing up their current games

What does bother me a bit is that they aren't working with third parties a lot to show off stuff on their show. To me that's always been an important part of E3 and their show cases.

MS will most likely have a good E3, maybe Nintendo too, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Kerotan

PSX 2019 hosted on the 3rd of December 25 years after the PS1 launched. Good chance PS5 gets announced there with 2020 release.

Could they just announce the console and say full reveal march 2020 for example? And then launch it September or October later in the year?

Go Up