IGN and scott rohde toy with our emotions..

Started by DD_Bwest, Jun 08, 2014, 05:39 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Thats a bit...harsh

He has always rubbed me the wrong way. This tweet of his that helped quickly spread false information and his whiny "impressions" of The Order back in February, after basically being told what to expect beforehand, have really just made me not like the guy. Every time I listen to him speak I get this "I'm better and more sophisticated than most of you" aura from him.

Riderz1337

He was a part of what happened. He tweeted that it was cancelled based on their article about their battleship "sources".

Yeah but he was just giving a link to it. He even retweeted Scott's reply to him. I don't think he was tweeting out that it was cancelled like he was happy about it. Now, that Ryan Mcaffrey tweet on the other hand, that was def uncalled for.

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Xevross

I much prefer Colin to Ryan. If I wanted to see anyone at IGN leave then it'd probably be him, but I don't really dislike him that much...

Raven

Yeah but he was just giving a link to it. He even retweeted Scott's reply to him. I don't think he was tweeting out that it was cancelled like he was happy about it. Now, that Ryan Mcaffrey tweet on the other hand, that was def uncalled for.

Riderz, it's not about being happy about it. The fact is he quickly took to Twitter to help confirm to the world it was cancelled when it wasn't. Where a good journalist would have read the article, considered that there was no actual official word from Sony, and would have held off tweeting that. He knows he has plenty of followers. That was irresponsible of him. He's contributing to the shaming gaming journalism that just keeps growing.

Riderz1337

I really feel like this was a hunt for Sony. IGN said the source was a person working inside Sony. So now all Sony has to do is figure out who they told this fake rumour to and they'll find out who leaked it to IGN and bam! The dudes gone.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Raven

I really feel like this was a hunt for Sony. IGN said the source was a person working inside Sony. So now all Sony has to do is figure out who they told this fake rumour to and they'll find out who leaked it to IGN and bam! The dudes gone.

Or media bait to get Sony to talk about the game again since they've been rather silent on it since March and some random rumors popped up that it was cancelled.

ClassicGamingWizz

You guys should never believe IGN sources, after that attack to naughty dog devs they lost all credibility they had, they are a fudgy joke.

ethomaz

You guys should never believe IGN sources, after that attack to naughty dog devs they lost all credibility they had, they are a fudgy joke.

They needs clicks :P

Raven

Legend

I like Colin and most of the ign staff.

There were some issues with that ND article a while ago since it was about people,  but imo there's nothing wrong with this. It's just a game.

ethomaz

ethomaz

ethomaz

Jun 09, 2014, 02:03 AM Last Edit: Jun 09, 2014, 02:43 AM by ethomaz

Go Up