EA Access subscription service coming to PS4

Started by SWORDF1SH, May 07, 2019, 07:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

SWORDF1SH

EA Access for PS4 will cost $4.99 per month or $29.99 annually, the same price as the existing EA Access service on Xbox One.
Currently, EA Access promises subscribers access to more than 50 games as part of the Vault. That selection of games includes older and recent releases like Star Wars Battlefront 2, Burnout ParadiseRemastered, Fe, The Sims 4, Battlefield 1, and EA Sports' most recent Madden, NBA, and NHL games. On Xbox One, EA Access also offers backward-compatible Xbox 360 games.
EA did not provide a list of compatible titles coming to the Vault for PS4, but presumably the list will be smaller than what's available on Xbox One, given that the PS4 does not support PlayStation 3 games through backward compatibility.

In addition to a library of older games, EA Access also offers what EA calls Play First Trials, which provide access to up to 10 hours of newer games. EA Access' current Play First Trials include Anthem, Battlefield 5, and FIFA 19. Subscribers to EA Access also get a 10 percent discount on digital full-game purchases, expansions, and in-game items, like FIFA and Madden Ultimate Team points, and Apex Coins for Apex Legends.
EA Access first launched on Xbox Onein 2014. Since then, Electronic Arts has expanded the subscription service to PC with Origin Access and Origin Access Premier.
The subscription service's availability on PS4 is a reversal for Sony. In 2014, the PlayStation maker said it believed the service "does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect."
EA Access for PlayStation 4 coming this July - Polygon

Legend

It's a kinda dumb service imo, but it is nice for people to be able to decide for themselves now.

darkknightkryta

I don't think I like where gaming is going with all of these subscriptions.  Though, I find that when publishers start trying to do these get rich quick schemes, they don't actually have the software I care about.  Oh well.