Next Sony State Of Play Presentation Will Be Held On May 9, 2019

Started by the-pi-guy, May 06, 2019, 05:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Sony has dated its next Nintendo Direct-style presentation. The second State of Play will be held on May 9, 2019. People can tune in at 3pm PT/5pm CT/6pm ET to watch the ten minute video. No PlayStation 5 announcements will be made.

The May 9, 2019 State of Play presentation will focus on PlayStation 4 announcements. MediEvil will get an extended gameplay video. There will also be a new game revealed. No other titles were mentioned, beyond those two.
Read more at Next Sony State Of Play Presentation Will Be Held On May 9, 2019 - Siliconera

DerNebel

Worth linking I think.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/state-of-play-2-announced-for-may-9-extended-look-at-medievil-and-first-look-at-a-new-title.115389/#post-20510862

So Medievil, new first party game (people are guessing Ratchet & Clank) and the re-reveal of a third party game announced long ago. I'm not ready to take the pic in zhuge's post as a face value tease for the FFVII Remake (even though we have gotten fairly clear comments from Square Enix, that the game would be shown off this year) but I' intrigued.

kitler53

i would  be soo very, very happy for another ratchet and clank game.   not really expecting it since spiderman did so phenomenal for insomniac.  but still,. pretty much my favorite franchise.   

pretty excited to see some actual gameplay for medievil.  i never play the originals but it looks like a game that i would enjoy playing once "re-imagined" for the modern console.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

i would  be soo very, very happy for another ratchet and clank game.   not really expecting it since spiderman did so phenomenal for insomniac.  but still,. pretty much my favorite franchise.  

pretty excited to see some actual gameplay for medievil.  i never play the originals but it looks like a game that i would enjoy playing once "re-imagined" for the modern console.

According to a developer from insomniac, the reboot rather and clank was "their most successful game ever" (this was before the release of Spiderman). Now this was a post on resetera, and not an official release. So the he could have played around within how he judged the criteria for "most successful ever".  However it does seem that ratchet and clank is a profitable venture for them, and in game development a safe profitable venture is something that publishers and devs love. So I believe it's fairly possible a new ratched and clank is being developed alongside the next Spiderman. They have more than one team, and both projects are profitable.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

And it's on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gWK9-2pdXQ
Lol I forgot about this but Era has almost died so I knew something was up. FF7 remake gameplay trailer, nice.

Legend

I like how this one was a lot shorter. For 10 minutes, this was a fine amount of content.

Dr. Pezus