A bad experience with Amazon

Started by the-pi-guy, May 19, 2020, 11:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

So I ordered a tv series from Amazon.
A day later it says it is undeliverable, and I'm pretty sure the page said it was going to get refunded.  So I decided to order from Walmart.  

A couple days later the package from Amazon is on its way again.  So this time I requested a refund.

Very confusingly the two refund pages were giving different amounts. Off by a penny, adding up to the whole. So I figured it was a half immediately and half later. No such luck.

After talking to customer service, they said they'd make an exception and refund the rest. And told me to check the refund page.

So apparently you only get half a refund for an unopened package.  

Legend

Maybe it's a covid thing?

You should be able to get a full refund even on open things. At least with other stores.

the-pi-guy

Maybe it's a covid thing?

You should be able to get a full refund even on open things. At least with other stores.
I was told that there was a 50% restocking fee for opened DVD packages.  
When I said it wasn't opened, they told me they'd make an exception and refund it.

It doesn't really make sense to me that their refund policy would be so bad.

kitler53

refunds on amazon are terrible.  part of why i'd still rather buy from target if given the option.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

refunds on amazon are terrible.  part of why i'd still rather buy from target if given the option.

[th]If You Return[/th]
[th]You'll Receive[/th]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Items in original condition past the return window*[/td]
[td]80% of the item's price[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, cassette tapes, or vinyl records that were opened (taken out of its plastic wrap)[/td]
[td]50% of the item's price[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Items that are damaged, missing parts, not in the original condition, or have obvious signs of use for reasons not due to an Amazon.com or seller error[/td]
[td]Up to 50% of the item's price[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Open software or video games for reasons not due to an Amazon.com or seller error[/td]
[td]0% of the item's price[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

It's really terrible. Apparently  if you open up a game, you'll get nothing back for a return. And Amazon could probably sell the game used then.