PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

How much would it cost to pay someone to fix it?
Depends.  For the mark that cell might be leaving, I might actually need the board reflowed, and even then it probably won't be permanent.  I was hoping the root cause was dried thermal paste under the heat shields.  Seems like that's not the case.

darkknightkryta

Had a closer look.  Looks like Cell's thermal paste was still somewhat wet.  The RSX's thermal paste on the other hand.  Completely dried.  I tried to smooth it out, just wiped right off.  I saw part of the underside of the board might be damaged.  There was liquid on it.  Not sure from what.  It was sticky.  I tried cleaning it off but to no avail.  Power Supply might be damaged.  I'm in the process of putting it back together (Went to eat).  If it turns on(Which I doubt), I'll go get thermal compound from my local computer store and take off the heat shields and apply it to both layers.  If it doesn't turn on I might just give up on it.  Power Supply is probably damaged as I was saying.  Even if the board was fixed, the power supply would kill it again.

darkknightkryta

Oct 17, 2015, 01:33 AM Last Edit: Oct 17, 2015, 01:56 AM by darkknightkryta
Either I can't get the power supply plugged in properly or the the power supply is dead.

Got the power hooked up properly, still dies :(

Kerotan

Would ubisoft hurry up already and put the valley of the yetis dlc for far cry 4 on sale.  On the US psn it's never been lower than 15$ which is an absolute rip off for dlc like this.  

I've been waiting a year.  come on. Put it up for 7.99 on sale!

Legend

Would ubisoft hurry up already and put the valley of the yetis dlc for far cry 4 on sale.  On the US psn it's never been lower than 15$ which is an absolute rip off for dlc like this.  

I've been waiting a year.  come on. Put it up for 7.99 on sale!
Maybe you'll get lucky once Far Cry Primal releases!

End of an era? Nolan North has wrapped up UC4 MoCap work - NeoGAF

Neil Druckmann just tweeted an image celebrating (most likely bittersweetly) Nolan North's wrapping of MoCap work on Uncharted 4: A Thief's End./

DerNebel

10 more days until PGW, guys!! Start getting hyped!!

Legend

10 more days until PGW, guys!! Start getting hyped!!
10 more days till HALO!

itshalohappening.gif

DerNebel

10 more days till HALO!

itshalohappening.gif
Halo isn't running away from you, but you will only be able to watch the PGW conference live once. :D

Cute Pikachu

I actually really want to play Halo 5 for some reason. Might buy an Xbox One this holiday for it.
Show me NI No Kuni 2 please at PGW Sony! :'(
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

Halo isn't running away from you, but you will only be able to watch the PGW conference live once. :D
Even if I owned an XBO, I'd still watch pgw live. I love gaming shows.

BananaKing

Maybe you'll get lucky once Far Cry Primal releases!

End of an era? Nolan North has wrapped up UC4 MoCap work - NeoGAF

does this confirm that the DLC wont have nathan drake in it?

a Sully adventure confirmed? maybe one for same? im hoping Sully.

Even if I owned an XBO, I'd still watch pgw live. I love gaming shows.
yeah me too. i still watch the Xbox shows. the nintendo ones are boring though.

Xevross

Legend

does this confirm that the DLC wont have nathan drake in it?

a Sully adventure confirmed? maybe one for same? im hoping Sully.
yeah me too. i still watch the Xbox shows. the nintendo ones are boring though.
DLC will probably be made later.

Plus in Uncharted Golden Abyss you already got to play as Sully. They need something new, let us play as Elena as a teenager. No action, just writing reports and doing an internship for the local journal. Wouldn't that be fun!

BananaKing

DLC will probably be made later.

Plus in Uncharted Golden Abyss you already got to play as Sully. They need something new, let us play as Elena as a teenager. No action, just writing reports and doing an internship for the local journal. Wouldn't that be fun!
go home.

i wouldnt mind a Chloe adventure! chloe is awesome.

Legend

go home.

i wouldnt mind a Chloe adventure! chloe is awesome.
Chloe is forgettable.

Go Up