Now that you are all xbots should i leave this site?

Started by kitler53, Jul 01, 2021, 03:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

What should kitler53 do?

kitler53

i mean, most of the reason i left VGC for you was so i could be surrounded by a tight knit community of playstation fans.    ..but fudge you and all your "gamepass" BS.  i feel like i need to leave for something else so i can get the confirmation bias i need and deserve.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

These gamepass people make me sick.

Legend

Haha do I need to switch my "gamepass sucks" threads from monthly to weekly?

In my case xbox 1 was the only system I ever skipped.

Xevross

My problem with gamepass is I just don't have enough time now. I roll my eyes when I see people talk about it like its the best thing since sliced bread, because its just ridiculous. Its nice, and core gamers are saving a lot of money with it right now, but its in the same phase that every subscription model has at the start - go crazy and acquire as many customers as you can. So its probably going to get worse (in terms of value for money at least).

And back to the time thing, its still £11 a month I'm spending and I often go a while without playing anything from it. So while its great value for money in theory, if I'm busy for a month or there's other games I want to play that I obtain from elsewhere, then the value for that month drops a lot.

kitler53

My problem with gamepass is I just don't have enough time now. I roll my eyes when I see people talk about it like its the best thing since sliced bread, because its just ridiculous. Its nice, and core gamers are saving a lot of money with it right now, but its in the same phase that every subscription model has at the start - go crazy and acquire as many customers as you can. So its probably going to get worse (in terms of value for money at least).

And back to the time thing, its still £11 a month I'm spending and I often go a while without playing anything from it. So while its great value for money in theory, if I'm busy for a month or there's other games I want to play that I obtain from elsewhere, then the value for that month drops a lot.
i hate how "accepted" gamepass is as the "best value in gaming".   you know what a waaaaay fudgy better value than gamepass?   the (probably) 1000 hours  i put into rocket league for which the total amount of money i've spent is $0.   infinitely* better value there...  

*(mathematically speaking of course)

the-pi-guy

i hate how "accepted" gamepass is as the "best value in gaming".   you know what a waaaaay fudgy better value than gamepass?   the (probably) 1000 hours  i put into rocket league for which the total amount of money i've spent is $0.   infinitely* better value there...  

*(mathematically speaking of course)
Didn't that require PS+?

kitler53

Didn't that require PS+?
not anymore,.. fully free to play now.

the-pi-guy

not anymore,.. fully free to play now.

But was it free when you played?   ???

Legend

Wait is this becoming another Epic is good thread!?!?

I've had so many hours of truly free gaming from them.

the-pi-guy

I feel like Gamepass is a good value, but it's not a value I'm interested in.

I'd rather spend more money on what I actually want, and not feel like I'm wasting funds. Sucks that games leave Gamepass, and the selection regardless of how good it is, is always going to be missing a lot of stuff.  If they managed to get Uncharted and others on there, I'd change my tune, but uh yeah...

I've kind of felt this way about Netflix lately too. It stops feeling like a good value if you need 3 different services to watch your 3 favorite shows.  

I kind of put a lot of money into Plex a few months ago, and haven't been spending much of anything the past few months, and it's 99% of what I've been watching.  And I feel a lot better about it, even with the much higher initial investment.  No guilt if I don't use it much either.

kitler53

I feel like Gamepass is a good value, but it's not a value I'm interested in.

I'd rather spend more money on what I actually want, and not feel like I'm wasting funds. Sucks that games leave Gamepass, and the selection regardless of how good it is, is always going to be missing a lot of stuff.  If they managed to get Uncharted and others on there, I'd change my tune, but uh yeah...
lol, yeah.  i'd buy "gamepass" from sony but sony is probably the publisher of 50% of the games i play.  they just make the kind of games i want to play.

I've kind of felt this way about Netflix lately too. It stops feeling like a good value if you need 3 different services to watch your 3 favorite shows.  

I kind of put a lot of money into Plex a few months ago, and haven't been spending much of anything the past few months, and it's 99% of what I've been watching.  And I feel a lot better about it, even with the much higher initial investment.  No guilt if I don't use it much either.
same-ish.   since i don't value TV like i do games i'm kind of okay with just not watching the "best of" tv shows.   i watch only what is on netflix because i'm just not willing to sub to multiple services.   i don't watch enough tv to justify it.   okay, i do sub to disney+ too but that is for the kids.

even still,.. i'm starting to get annoyed with netflix.   it's getting really, really hard to "invest" in a show only to find it got cancelled after one 10 episodes season.   that's just not my thing.   i'd rather just re-watch friends, buffy, gilmore girls again.   i like shows that delve into the characters and build on them for a long time and 10 episodes is just like a big fudge you from netflix.

BananaKing

But I hate gamepass and detest MS's strategy in gaming

kitler53

But I hate gamepass and detest MS's strategy in gaming
you can come with me.  give me a few days to become a certified playstation developer and put together a web site to promote my new game.  

BananaKing

you can come with me.  give me a few days to become a certified playstation developer and put together a web site to promote my new game.  
Noice. Cant wait till i start posting on the  ratcheteck forums

SWORDF1SH

you can come with me.  give me a few days to become a certified playstation developer and put together a web site to promote my new game.  
To promote your game, say the games name starts with S and ends with L. The internet will take care of the rest.