Xbox Series |OT|

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 16, 2020, 11:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

I just abandoned deliver us the Moon.

Gamepass leaving soon freaking sucks. This game has been on my backlog since November and I just discovered today that it'll leave gamepass on the 15th. So even though I had completely different plans, I needed to play and finish this game before then.

I went in with an annoyed but open mindset, yet the game lost me in its pre menu opening cutscene. It felt like a parody of sci fi with how bad everything is. Things only got worse too. The game has pretty much nothing to offer except the story and world building so with one being trash and the other being meh, I started actively disliking it. My gosh why did they make the turning speed so slow in zero g.

Can't remember the last time I felt this negative about a game. I wrote a pretty damning review of Metrico but I at least finished that game and found some fun.

In my current mindset I'd give it a 2/10 and gamepass an F for forcing me to play it when I didn't want to. If I judged it a bit more fairly, it'd maybe be a 5/10 if the rest gets a bit better.

2 things that I literally laughed out loud for, spoiler free.

#1 You have a giant timer on your back with your remaining oxygen. The game is trying to be realistic/immersive and in first person there is a countdown on your visor, so who the heck designed this space suit with a bomb style clock?

#2 You have to launch a next gen Saturn V rocket manually, on your own. You run around the control room pressing buttons and run to the launch pad to turn hydrogen valves. The crazy part is that you ignite the rocket engines while still standing on the ground!

(that orange glow near the base would kill you at this distance anyway)

This is the type of stuff I'd expect in Call Of Duty where being over the top is part of the fun.

the-pi-guy

#1 You have a giant timer on your back with your remaining oxygen. The game is trying to be realistic/immersive and in first person there is a countdown on your visor, so who the heck designed this space suit with a bomb style clock?

Every astronaut has a large space mirror to be able to check out their space suit's air timer.   8)

Legend

Every astronaut has a large space mirror to be able to check out their space suit's air timer.   8)
Gonna need two mirrors unless their necks are rubber.

I decided to keep playing and blitz through. Maybe it'll end around a 4/10 for me. Story has had a good moment. Please no more zero g.

kitler53

Gonna need two mirrors unless their necks are rubber.

I decided to keep playing and blitz through. Maybe it'll end around a 4/10 for me. Story has had a good moment. Please no more zero g.
this is exactly why i don't want gamepass.   you're forcing yourself to play a game you hate to beat the buzzer of a game leaving the service.   

...gaming should be fun not a job.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

this is exactly why i don't want gamepass.   you're forcing yourself to play a game you hate to beat the buzzer of a game leaving the service.  

...gaming should be fun not a job.
Well he is a game dev, so it is a job.  

kitler53

he a gamer and a game developer.   in this context he is clearly a gamer.  playing this game is not helping him complete his work.  if that april 1st thread wasn't a joke then the game is finished so he can't even claim this is reconnaissance.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

3 out of 10. Final score.

he a gamer and a game developer.   in this context he is clearly a gamer.  playing this game is not helping him complete his work.  if that april 1st thread wasn't a joke then the game is finished so he can't even claim this is reconnaissance.
Hapax is far from finished, but yeah past the recon point.

I've been forced by "leaving soon" a few times now. With pathalogic 2, I decided to stop playing and just buy when I'm ready.

Yeah I only finished this one out of general dev interest, not player interest.

The story got kinda better so I don't know why the didn't focus on that. I haven't finished Tacoma but I feel like that game is a better way to do it.

@Kitler

This one visually gave me Swapper vibes, but swapper is a funky world made of clay. It's not supposed to be realistic.

Dr. Pezus

Swapper was so good

Legend

Swapper was so good
Swapper was far from realistic science but the incredible story/puzzles only used it as a vessel. Same with things like SOMA where there is a lot of bad science yet it's a game of all time for me.

Deliver us the Moon however is pretty dang focused on stupidly bad science. It's Fast and Furious without the fun.

the-pi-guy

Apr 21, 2021, 02:51 PM Last Edit: Apr 21, 2021, 03:13 PM by the-pi-guy

Quick Resume is getting an update. You can now see what games are suspended.

Legend

You already can kinda see it. Weird location in the menu for that feature though if I understand right.

the-pi-guy

It's hilarious to think about.

Sony has put out more in house developed games on the Series S|X than Microsoft has.

Legend

It's hilarious to think about.

Sony has put out more in house developed games on the Series S|X than Microsoft has.
wow

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Seems like Starfield is definitely not this year, unlike earlier rumours.

Go Up