Xbox Series |OT|

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 16, 2020, 11:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Lots of old games you don't need a series X for but might as well play on the new system. Same as everyone else :P
Exactly! If I owned an xbox one, I wouldn't have touched it at all so far.

My first new game is call of the sea, but I have yet to start it.

So far I have finished:
Subnautica-meh
Outer Wilds-amazing
Yes your grace-good

And I have played:
Forza Horizon 4: fun
Untitled Goose Game: meh
Pathologic 2: interesting so far
A way out: ok so far
Halo 2 MP MCC: nostalgic

Sucks how gamepass works though. Pathologic 2 leaves in two days and will be gone forever.

kitler53

Exactly! If I owned an xbox one, I wouldn't have touched it at all so far.

My first new game is call of the sea, but I have yet to start it.

So far I have finished:
Subnautica-meh
Outer Wilds-amazing
Yes your grace-good

And I have played:
Forza Horizon 4: fun
Untitled Goose Game: meh
Pathologic 2: interesting so far
A way out: ok so far
Halo 2 MP MCC: nostalgic

Sucks how gamepass works though. Pathologic 2 leaves in two days and will be gone forever.
did you not have a ps4 either?   you're mostly playing multiplats..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

did you not have a ps4 either?   you're mostly playing multiplats..
I didn't buy these on ps4 though so how would I play them?  8)

Legend

Astroneer might be cool but requires far more commitment than I can afford right now.

Not sure what to dive into next. Holding off on Call of the Sea for a few days.

Would have been great if the medium wasn't delayed.

Xevross

Jan 27, 2021, 02:33 PM Last Edit: Jan 27, 2021, 05:08 PM by Xevross
Reviews for the first ever Xbox Series console exclusive: The Medium for XBXS, PC Reviews - OpenCritic

(its on 73 as of now)

Edit: now 75

kitler53

Reviews for the first ever Xbox Series console exclusive: The Medium for XBXS, PC Reviews - OpenCritic

(its on 73 as of now)
so not great then.  the presentation was "bad" for a next gen exclusive.  just reading the 1 sentence blurps looks like it doesn't play all that well either.

Xevross

so not great then.  the presentation was "bad" for a next gen exclusive.  just reading the 1 sentence blurps looks like it doesn't play all that well either.
Yeah, its kinda crazy that it took until now for it to get an exclusive and its not even that great (I'm sure many will love it though). Xbox are very lucky the pandemic inflated demand, they'd already be struggling to shift these systems by now like with XB1 I think otherwise.

kitler53

Yeah, its kinda crazy that it took until now for it to get an exclusive and its not even that great (I'm sure many will love it though). Xbox are very lucky the pandemic inflated demand, they'd already be struggling to shift these systems by now like with XB1 I think otherwise.
they will also be lucking ps5 stock is terrible.  they will benefit from impatient buyers.

Legend

On its own, that's a fine score. Nothing great but nothing bad. I'll enjoy playing it.

As the only big exclusive so far, that's like Lego City Undercover for the Wii U. If anything it makes the drought more obvious.

I have no idea what people are playing if they already owned an xbox. Call of the Sea and The Medium are the only new games.

Xevross

Jan 27, 2021, 11:04 PM Last Edit: Jan 27, 2021, 11:06 PM by Xevross
On its own, that's a fine score. Nothing great but nothing bad. I'll enjoy playing it.

As the only big exclusive so far, that's like Lego City Undercover for the Wii U. If anything it makes the drought more obvious.

I have no idea what people are playing if they already owned an xbox. Call of the Sea and The Medium are the only new games.
Its just another year I guess, playing some of the new COD and the new AC. Series X just feels like a lots of people got a PC upgrade at the same time, there's no unique or new software to celebrate it but the games that are coming out anyway play better than you experienced before. There's not even any kind of new service, new controller, or new UI, its all the same.

That's quite a contrast from PS5 which has a whole new UI and features, the crazy new controller, has the PS+ collection and so far half a dozen proper new exclusives. I think its easy to tell why PS5 is more sought after right now.

Legend

I played The Medium. Was a solid 8/10 imo. Enjoyed it a lot and enjoyed that it was shorter. Makes me want to play their previous game.

Split gameplay worked pretty well. The gameplay itself was dead simple, but it brought me into the world in a way only games can do.

Story had its ups and downs but was very strong. Graphics in the other place were great.

Xevross

I played The Medium. Was a solid 8/10 imo. Enjoyed it a lot and enjoyed that it was shorter. Makes me want to play their previous game.

Split gameplay worked pretty well. The gameplay itself was dead simple, but it brought me into the world in a way only games can do.

Story had its ups and downs but was very strong. Graphics in the other place were great.
Seems like reviews really accurately matched the general audiences views with this one. That being opinions are all over the place.

Legend

Seems like reviews really accurately matched the general audiences views with this one. That being opinions are all over the place.
If I wasn't a huge fan of Heavy Rain, I would have really struggled with the fixed camera and sluggish/bad controls. The rest of the game is the same way. Different people will be able to forgive/enjoy different things.

the-pi-guy

Saw this, the Series X looks giant here.

Legend

Saw this, the Series X looks giant here.
I think it's the PS5's width giving that illusion. Looks pretty thin from this angle.

Go Up