Rick and Morty renewed with massive order of 70 episodes

Started by the-pi-guy, May 10, 2018, 07:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Rick and Morty is getting 70 new episodes  - Polygon

Co-creator Justin Roiland tweeted a drawing of the show's titular characters, announcing that Adult Swim has ordered 70 new episodes. That works out to be seven more seasons, based on the show's history of 10-episode seasons. 70 episodes will bring Rick and Morty to more than 100 episodes, and that means the series can be syndicated. It's a big move for Adult Swim, and one that other networks, like FX, have also done in the past. Roiland didn't say anything about when the fourth season will premiere, or how the new episodes will roll out, but this announcement should leave Rick and Morty fans happy.

Previous reports suggested that Rick and Morty's highly anticipated fourth season was still a ways off. One writer suggested no one was currently working on the show while Roiland and Harmon waited to hear back from Adult Swim. That same writer said the fourth season might not premiere until 2019.
So I'm really really happy about this.

But uh, it'll be a long wait.

Xevross

I am pleased. 70 episodes is a lot though, is that a joke?

Dr. Pezus

Holy shame yes! Best comedy in recent years

Xevross

Correct opinion.

the-pi-guy

I am pleased. 70 episodes is a lot though, is that a joke?
I don't think so.  Having that many episodes, they apparently are able to sell it out to other networks for re runs.  

It seemed like they had a contract dispute, everyone wants to make money and this is a huge way to do it.  

I wonder if they will have longer seasons now.  

Someone made a comment that I can't find anymore.  Was along the lines of
"Sorry guys, we tried to make 70 episodes happen, but it got cut to 7 at the last minute"

It's awesome.  Quickly became one of my favorites.