God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Astro Bot
Celeste
Forza Horizon 4
Marvel's Spider-Man
Tetris Effect
Dragon Quest XI

I think ranking from favorite to least favorite will be fine.  

You should probably only vote for games you played....  

BananaKing

I haven't played GoW yet, so it's RDR for me. Which is amazing and the second best game of the gen for me after The Witcher 3

ethomaz

Dragon Quest XI.

Xevross

Feb 05, 2019, 01:57 PM Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019, 02:05 PM by Xevross
Ranking the ones in the OP that I played. I'll add my score out of 10 as a bonus.

1. God of War - 9.8/10
2. Red Dead Redemption 2 - 9.8/10
3. Astro Bot - 9.5/10
4. Celeste - 9.4/10
5. Marvel's Spider-Man - 9.2/10
6. Forza Horizon 4 - 9.2/10
7. Super Smash Bros Ultimate - 9.1/10
8. Tetris Effect - 9.0/10
----
9. Dragon Quest XI - 7.0/10

Amazing year. I give DQXI a 7 because I just can't get into it like I could with IX. Its a good game but it just never grabbed me, I'm going to give it another go at some point I think. And I separated it because I'm not voting it as a GOTY, so it shouldn't get any points or anything from me :P

My average rating given to 2018 games I played was 82.1. That's compared to the metacritic average of those games of 85.8. Both of those are high, but my average score is quite a lot lower than the meta average due to a few games I didn't like so much bringing it down. This was mainly due to two of my biggest disagreements with meta ever, as I rated SOTC a 6.3/10 and Octopath Traveller a 5.5/10 which are 30 and 28 points below their metascores respectively. Those two were my lowest rated games this year, with The Crew 2 next at 6.5/10, although that is actually 1 point higher than its meta of 64.

Also I'll just add that I think the nominations thread is pointless and we should all just do our own rankings anyway.

Legend

Also I'll just add that I think the nominations thread is pointless and we should all just do our own rankings anyway.
Nominations help remind people which games released.

Xevross

So does Google... Which also doesn't miss lots of games like we did. Return of Obra Dinn, Into the Breach, Dead Cells, MonHon World and many more are top games that released in 2018 as well

the-pi-guy

Mar 10, 2019, 01:08 PM Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019, 01:09 PM by the-pi-guy
Bump

I haven't played GoW yet, so it's RDR for me. Which is amazing and the second best game of the gen for me after The Witcher 3

Has GoW bumped it?

You didn't even vote!

So does Google... Which also doesn't miss lots of games like we did. Return of Obra Dinn, Into the Breach, Dead Cells, MonHon World and many more are top games that released in 2018 as well
Yeah. Especially with how few people are on. Nomination thread didn't do much

BananaKing

Bump
Has GoW bumped it?
You didn't even vote!
I don't know. I haven't finished GoW yet but it's fantastically amazing. But do was RDR.

Legend

Bump
Has GoW bumped it?
You didn't even vote!
lol I thought this was still the nomination thread somehow

1. God of War
2. Twisty Puzzle Simulator
3. Astro Bot
4. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
5. Forza Horizon 4
6. Celeste