NPD April 2016 Results: PS4 175k, XB1 168k, WiiU 33k

Started by ethomaz, May 12, 2016, 03:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

Ditto. Shooting the Dr.s was amazing.
That the difference of TLOU... I was so linked to Ellie that I didn't need to think twice... she was my daughter and I will do everything to save her.

No game before made me feel like that.

The ending is really that great.

the-pi-guy

Ditto. Shooting the Dr.s was amazing.
Don't shoot the Drs!  

Max King of the Wild

Wayyyy too generous

the-pi-guy

Whats wrong with it?  

Aura7541

Wayyyy too generous
You do know elaborating is much more effective than ad nauseum

the-pi-guy

TLoU ending was fine. But it was no where near a closed ending and ended abruptly. Just like the order. TLoU didn't have fast paced gameplay on hard or above. Or else you'd run out of ammo and supplies and die. TLoU was just as linear
It did not end abruptly.  What do you want them to do?  
The whole thing was about Joel getting Ellie to the fireflies.  At the end he decides that Ellie is worth more to Joel than the possibility (as in no guarantee) of a cure.  There's absolutely nothing to do after that.  There's no one else to make a cure.  Nothing can happen at that point.  Coming to that conclusion, there is nothing abrupt about the ending, it ended precisely when it should have.  
The Order's problem was not slow paced gameplay or linearity.  The Order's problem had to do with their gameplay.  A ton of moments delegated to cutscenes that Uncharted had already made gameplay of a generation earlier.  Among others.  

ethomaz

I will make a dumb comparison but that is what I feel about...

TLOU ending has the same impact for me than Matrix ending... it was perfect, enough, a ending that make you thing about.

Matrix had sequels for reasons but the first one continue to be the complete package for me... it is amazing.

Same for TLOU... it ends is jut that perfect.

That is why I don't want TLOU 2 to be a sequel but a new complete adventure.

Max King of the Wild

I will make a dumb comparison but that is what I feel about...

TLOU ending has the same impact for me than Matrix ending... it was perfect, enough, a ending that make you thing about.

Matrix had sequels for reasons but the first one continue to be the complete package for me... it is amazing.

Same for TLOU... it ends is jut that perfect.

That is why I don't want TLOU 2 to be a sequel but a new complete adventure.
Well shame, if you liked the matrix that says a lot

ethomaz

Well shame, if you liked the matrix that says a lot
Matrix is perfect.

The sequels are meh.

ethomaz

More new data...

gamrConnect Forums - View Post

Aquamarine said:
Okay, I got word back from The NPD Group on what else I can and can't share precisely.

Here is what else I can share from this month. I'm really tired at the moment, so apologize for any possible minor errors.

By the way, if you crosspost any leak from this post on NeoGAF, please mention that the leaks came from me.

It's annoying me how people on NeoGAF won't even mention my name anymore...that's really stupid and I want to be at the very least recognized in some fashion.

Here are the new leaks I can post:

Quantum Break: Approx. 109K standalone

Star Fox Zero: Approx. 100K

Therefore:

Top 10 combined excluding bundles:

1. Dark Souls III (PS4, XBO) - 504k (~353K PS4, ~151K XBO)

2. Ratchet & Clank (PS4) 207.5k-237K range (highest selling Ratchet game)

3. MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3) - just under 185k

4. Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4, XBO, PC) - 175k including bundles

5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)

6. Minecraft (XBO, 360, PS4, PS3)

7. Quantum Break (XBO) - Approx. 109K standalone, somewhere below 150k including bundles

8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) - 105k standalone, 262K including bundles (197K PS4 + PS3) (65K XBO + 360)

9. NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3) - 103k standalone

10. Star Fox Zero (Wii U) - Approx. 100K

Top 10 SKUs:

1. Dark Souls III (PS4) - ~353k

2. Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - 207.5K-237K range (highest selling Ratchet game)

?. Dark Souls III (XBO) - ~151k

?. MLB 16: The Show (PS4)

?. Quantum Break (XBO) - Approx. 109K

6. Star Fox Zero (Wii U) - Approx. 100K

?.

?.

9. Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS) - <100k, but not significantly

10. Pokkén Tournament (Wii U)

Hit the limit for # of consoles shared and # of 3rd-party games shared, so no precise Ratchet numbers, and no 3DS numbers.

3DS sucked this month anyway, really weak, no point in tracking handhelds, market is just about dead anyway...it's console or bust...and maybe somebody like Creamsugar or John Harker on NeoGAF will show up...you never know.

But I will say, Ratchet is not significantly above the >207.5K mark.

By this, I mean that Ratchet is below 250K....what the hell, I'll go closer...below...let's say...237K.So Ratchet and Clank is 207.5K - 237K. That's a close enough range.

Also, Nintendo in general was weak this month. Example: Twilight Princess HD was well below 125K, Fire Emblem: Fates well below 75K, Hyrule Warriors: Legends was well below 50K, etc. etc.

Up 23% thanks to catalog, but disappointing in new launches and recent launches.

Again, if you mention this on NeoGAF, say something like "From Aquamarine on the off-site source" or "From Aquamarine on VG Chartz"

VG Chartz was way off this month in terms of the actual retail software numbers.

The Division VG Chartz: 403K including bundles

The Division Real NPD POS numbers: 175K including bundles

Call of Duty: Black Ops III VG Chartz: 381K including bundles

Black Ops III Real NPD POS numbers: 262K including bundles

Star Fox Zero VG Chartz: 185K

Star Fox Zero Real NPD POS numbers: 100K

Quantum Break VG Chartz: 235K including bundles

Quantum Break Real NPD POS numbers: 109K-150K range including bundles

Bravely Default VG Chartz: 153K

Bravely Default Real NPD POS numbers: <100K

Those are some large margin misses this time around. In general, the software estimates made by VG Chartz way overshot the health of the USA market this month. Wonder what the precise methodology was to calculate these VG Chartz numbers and how much sampling was involved.

Aura7541

May 18, 2016, 07:05 PM Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 07:06 PM by Aura7541
gamrConnect Forums - View Post

Boutros, I guess you can put that 75K number for 3DS in the OP because it's the only one we seem to have gotten.

Also, I talked about the weak Nintendo catalog releases....
 Hyrule Warriors: Legends well below 50K
 Twilight Princess HD well below 125K
 Fire Emblem Fates well below 75K
 Pokemon Rumble World well below 40K

etc. Cut all of those numbers in half (or more) and you get a more realistic idea about their performance this month.

You can add that to the OP as well...this is a bad month for Nintendo's recent releases. Even Smash Bros. on a combined basis did better than some of them.

With all numbers in place, I overestimated PS4 by 20K, XB1 by 7K, Wii U by 7K, and 3DS by 15K. Not bad.

Go Up