Hi-Fi Rush

Release Date : January 25, 2023

Platforms :  PC, Xbox Series , PlayStation 5

Developer :Tango Gameworks

Publisher : Bethesda Softworks

the-pi-guy

kitler53

a bit late aren't we?

wish i could play but i'm not getting a PC/xbox over this.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Highest rated Microsoft game in over a year. Best user score since Age of Empires 2 DE in 2019. Pretty dang impressive.

kitler53

Highest rated Microsoft game in over a year. Best user score since Age of Empires 2 DE in 2019. Pretty dang impressive.

clearly i'm not the only one that is tired of dark games.   so much blood, murder, dank, post-apocalypse, monsters, ect. on the market.

i don't necessarily want to play ps2 games again but i miss the days of having a healthy balance of cheerful and silly games. 

BananaKing

clearly i'm not the only one that is tired of dark games.   so much blood, murder, dank, post-apocalypse, monsters, ect. on the market.

i don't necessarily want to play ps2 games again but i miss the days of having a healthy balance of cheerful and silly games.  
More variety is always good. But this is the nature of the game industry, it goes through phases of whats popular and what isn't.

kitler53

More variety is always good. But this is the nature of the game industry, it goes through phases of whats popular and what isn't.
nintendo is clearly popular.   very popular.  argubally more popular than xbox or playstation.  

not saying they should make clones of nintendo franchises.   ...but how can you not look at the massive success of nintendo and not think,.. "you know, maybe making a high quality game not based on skull fuking zombie beasts just might work...."

the-pi-guy

Xev told me it's already one of his favorite games ever.  

BananaKing

nintendo is clearly popular.   very popular.  argubally more popular than xbox or playstation.  

not saying they should make clones of nintendo franchises.   ...but how can you not look at the massive success of nintendo and not think,.. "you know, maybe making a high quality game not based on skull fuking zombie beasts just might work...."
Because sony tried that and they failed.

the-pi-guy

nintendo is clearly popular.   very popular.  argubally more popular than xbox or playstation.  

not saying they should make clones of nintendo franchises.   ...but how can you not look at the massive success of nintendo and not think,.. "you know, maybe making a high quality game not based on skull fuking zombie beasts just might work...."
I think a lot of Nintendo's success is the fact that they have decades worth of building a fanbase. It's hard to beat the brand recognition of Mario, Link and Pokemon. Even if you match the quality, there's still a huge uphill battle to sell something similar, but also not the same.

Sony still makes those kinds of games.

Team Asobi
PixelOpus
Insomniac
Media Molecule

kitler53

Because sony tried that and they failed.
sony mostly made half-assed efforts to create games identical to nintendo's top games.  PSASBR.  lbp karting.  

sony shouldn't try to do that.  make their own thing.   i have full confidence sony could make something popular like GoW or TLoU without relying on violence.   i had a conversation with some random 10 year old at target last weekend when i was showing my son the video game selection.  this kid was pushing hard about how much better switch is than xbox or playstation.  i listed some of the best games on playstation and he shut down the conversation in just one line, "yeah, my mom won't let me play that.".

how can you ever hope to pull in that younger audience if they can't play your games??   sony could be sooo much more massive if kids could play on their system instead of "graduating" from nintendo.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

dang you Pi,.. i checked timestamps and you beat me to it.