The Verge (Lockhart): "We understand that includes 7.5GB of usable RAM, a slightly underclocked CPU speed, and around 4 teraflops of GPU performance."

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Jun 26, 2020, 03:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

i'm really not sure about lockhart but i think you underestimate how much of a loss console makers are willing to take.  i'm like 100% certain nothing will be sold for $600.  i'm quite certain sony and ms had a target price in mind when they designed this hardware and at no point would $600 been chosen.   that is just suicide.

**in case it wasn't obvious i edited the prices in the quote to match my expectations.
I agree with $600 being crazy but I don't see the point of lockhart if it's only $100 cheaper. Who wouldn't pay $100 more to get a disc drive and full power with series x?

Or just pay $50 more to get a PS5 digital.
I'm personally almost 100% certain that the gap between the PS5 and the PS5 Digital will be $100. Even in the worst case scenario I don't see the gap getting smaller than $80.

$50 just feels like way too little of a saving considering what you are giving up for it, people won't go for that. And since people with a digital only console will be almost exclusively locked into Sony's store front, I'd say that Sony has a vested interest in having a good chunk of people get that version.

My gut feeling is $500 for the standard version and $400 for the Digital console.
A $100 gap makes sense if the standard one is sold at a gain.