Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown
Go Down

the-pi-guy

I prefer Avatars setting.
Avatar is a masterpiece, Korra was just okay.  It had some excellent episodes though.

BasilZero

Alongside Korra, I've been watching 4 anime.

Dragon Ball Super - Loving the tournament of power arc, though I feel tonight's episode will not be as good as the last three but I hope I am wrong.

One Piece - The Big Mom Arc started out alright but its going a bit slow now because they are trying to make the manga be ahead of the anime. OP is truly the Dragon ball z of today's generation. Making all these filler eps of fights that last for 15 minutes in story time but episodes span 10-15 eps. DBS is kinda like that too but not as offensive as DBZ in the 1990s/early 2000s.

Boruto - I am liking the pacing and story telling far more than original Naruto. The characters are much more likeable too. This and DBS is possibly my most favorite anime right now. OP fell off a lot since the last few weeks for me.

Dragon Ball Z Kai - Started this a week ago or so. Havent really watched that many eps - only on episode 8. They cut down 90% of the filler eps so the story is progressing a lot faster but a lot of the filler eps showed stuff that would made more sense in what is being shown in DBZ Kai. For an example in the original DBZ they showed how Goku learned all the attacks like the spirit bomb and kaio ken but they dont even show it in DBZ Kai - they did a rush job on Spirit bomb and dont even mention kaio ken which is like one of the main techniques he learns and uses against Vegeta in this arc. Also they showed Chi Chi passed out on episode 8 but never really explained it but in the original she passed out because she saw Gohan fighting lol.

Dr. Pezus

Oh yeah I recently finished the second season of attack on titan and it was very good but too short  :'(

Also, watched the Netflix Castlevania mini series and it was amazing. Hoping for more soon

BasilZero

Oh yeah I recently finished the second season of attack on titan and it was very good but too short  :'(

Also, watched the Netflix Castlevania mini series and it was amazing. Hoping for more soon
3rd season announced for next year - cant wait.

I need to get into Castlevania. I think I'll play some of the retro titles and then watch the TV series.

darkknightkryta

I'm currently ripping some blurays right now so I'm not sure if I should start something I ripped or maybe finish something.  I cleaned up "Is the Order a Rabbit" season 1.  I have like 10 episodes of Durarara x2 to finish (I'm so bored with this anime.)  I'm maybe 4 episodes into Drfiters.  I've been keeping up with Dragon Ball Super, but I haven't watched the previous episodes.  I started watching after the Saiyaman fillers.  I finished One Punch Man.  I don't think I really want more of it to be honest, there's something off about it.  I had caught up to My Hero Academia, but I started reading the manga so I stopped watching (I need to stop doing that).  So much to watch, I have so many blurays and DVDs of anime.  Plus what I want to watch on Stream and stuff.   Le sigh.

BasilZero

I'm currently ripping some blurays right now so I'm not sure if I should start something I ripped or maybe finish something.  I cleaned up "Is the Order a Rabbit" season 1.  I have like 10 episodes of Durarara x2 to finish (I'm so bored with this anime.)  I'm maybe 4 episodes into Drfiters.  I've been keeping up with Dragon Ball Super, but I haven't watched the previous episodes.  I started watching after the Saiyaman fillers.  I finished One Punch Man.  I don't think I really want more of it to be honest, there's something off about it.  I had caught up to My Hero Academia, but I started reading the manga so I stopped watching (I need to stop doing that).  So much to watch, I have so many blurays and DVDs of anime.  Plus what I want to watch on Stream and stuff.   Le sigh.
hacker.

Dr. Pezus

3rd season announced for next year - cant wait.

I need to get into Castlevania. I think I'll play some of the retro titles and then watch the TV series.
I haven't played the games and didn't feel like I needed to to understand the show

BasilZero

I haven't played the games and didn't feel like I needed to to understand the show
I know, but I still wanna ;(

the-pi-guy

Awww yeah.  

the-pi-guy

Watched "The Girl Who leapt through time".  It was alright.  Not as good as Your Name.  Was cool to be understanding a fair amount of the dialogue early on in the movie.  

darkknightkryta

Do you still buy anime?  Normally I pick stuff up from Rightstuf for their Christmas sale, but for the past two years I haven't.

the-pi-guy

Do you still buy anime?  Normally I pick stuff up from Rightstuf for their Christmas sale, but for the past two years I haven't.
I buy movies and stuff when I can.

Wifey and I are likely to buy all the Studio Ghibli movies.  She really likes them.
Just bought From Up on Poppy Hill.  

She also loved Totoro.  

darkknightkryta

Mar 22, 2018, 01:02 AM Last Edit: Mar 22, 2018, 01:14 AM by darkknightkryta
So guess what time of year is approaching?

Have you seen Sekirei?
I finished the first season, but the second season being off from the manga put me off from finishing it.  Did you like the second season?

And holy shame it's been 5 years since I bought the blurays... time flies.

There was a friend I used to hang out with, he was my "Smash Bros. Hipster" friend who was brainwashed by Nintendo.  I remember when we were talking about me buying the blurays at Anime North.  He was defending me... I don't see him much anymore :'(

the-pi-guy

What is everyone's favorite anime?

darkknightkryta

Ever or recently?

Go Up