PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Crazy trailer which shows a lot but I'm still wondering what it ultimately is about  ::)

Xevross

8 minute launch trailer? God dang Kojima.

Xevross

Seems like patents for the DualShock 5 went up today in Japan | ResetEra

Mock up

DS5 (red) looks good compared to DS$ (black), hoppefully its slightly heavier and better battery life to go with the extra bulk.

Legend

Well that doesn't look crazy. No changes mostly.

Dr. Pezus

Light bar removed though? Really like the light bar  :'(

And why keep the touch pad? They rarely use it

the-pi-guy

Nov 18, 2019, 04:51 PM Last Edit: Nov 18, 2019, 04:53 PM by the-pi-guy
Seems like patents for the DualShock 5 went up today in Japan | ResetEra

DS5 (red) looks good compared to DS$ (black), hoppefully its slightly heavier and better battery life to go with the extra bulk.
Bigger battery was already confirmed! 

Better battery life is almost certain.

Legend

If you didn't know, the newer controllers have the light bar peak through the touchpad. This seemingly keeps that functionality.

Dr. Pezus

If you didn't know, the newer controllers have the light bar peak through the touchpad. This seemingly keeps that functionality.
Yeah but other players don't see it as clearly as on ds4

BananaKing

Most likely backwards compatibility

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Just tlou2 and Ghosts of Tushima left from Sony first party right? It's weird having their backlog of announced games finally clear out.

Xevross

Just tlou2 and Ghosts of Tushima left from Sony first party right? It's weird having their backlog of announced games finally clear out.
I guess Dreams also hasn't technically released yet.

kitler53

iron man vr
tlou2 multiplayer spin off

but yeah.  the ps5 reveal ought to be spectacular.  i know ms bought a bunch of studios but the acquisitions were too late for anything substantial to be ready at launch.  this is where sony is going to win. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

iron man vr
tlou2 multiplayer spin off

but yeah.  the ps5 reveal ought to be spectacular.  i know ms bought a bunch of studios but the acquisitions were too late for anything substantial to be ready at launch.  this is where sony is going to win.
~2 years is plenty of time to get new projects going. If they show well at E3 then that is good enough even if they need more time in the oven. I think the much bigger issue is quality. Halo Infinite is probably a launch title and in the past that would have been beyond major. Nowadays however it might function more like Killzone Shadowfall.

kitler53

~2 years is plenty of time to get new projects going. If they show well at E3 then that is good enough even if they need more time in the oven. I think the much bigger issue is quality. Halo Infinite is probably a launch title and in the past that would have been beyond major. Nowadays however it might function more like Killzone Shadowfall.
2 years is not enough for a modern AAA game.  AA maybe but AAA is now on a 4-6 year development cycle.  MS has never been shy about announcing a game too early (like before a developer has even been identified...) but the games won't arrive in the first 2 years of nextbox's life cycle.  or if they do they will look and feel like far less effort than sony or 3rd parties are doing.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up