The Anime Thread

Viewing single post

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown

BasilZero

To be honest, the biggest thing that killed Korra was the fact that it was never supposed to be longer than 12 episodes.  Because of that, and the overall lower episode count, season 2 was practically destroyed because there wasn't enough time for it.  Like what made Air Bender so amazing was that it was an adventure.  20 some odd episodes per season, was enough to give Ang an adventure while working on developing the cast and Zuko.  Season 1 barely got by with its 12 episodes, season 2 just was rushed while telling nothing, and was also 14 episodes.  Season 3 was just as good as anything Air Bender produced though.  OMG Basil, season 3 was crazy.  When spoiler stuff happens, all bets are off.  My jaw literally dropped at one point.  I was like "WTF am I watching?".  It was the only thing the show was able to do in like 12 episodes.  I haven't finished Season 4 yet, but it looks like it suffers the same issue as season 1 and 2.  So pretty much season 1,2 and 4 needed 20 episodes to flesh things out, they never got it.  So it was just weirdly disjoint.  Korra is still good, but Air Bender is honestly the best show I've ever watched.
I hope it its good overall.

Also I have the platinum/activision game which is the reason why I decided to start on the Avatar series lol.

Apparently it takes place between seasons 1 and 2 for Korra. I heard its bad....but w/e I guess.