Sony E3 plans leaked(rumor)

Started by DD_Bwest, May 07, 2014, 05:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

It wouldn't surprise me if it was accurate. There isn't much on that list that would be terribly shocking. Just exciting. Uncharted 4, MM's new IP, The Order being shown off, GG's new IP, Project Beast officially revealed... these are all things we already expected. Nothing else on that list stands out as unbelievable to the point where I absolutely could not see it happening. The only thing about that list that made me pause was The Last of Us 2. I just don't see that being announced so soon even if it is real. Though now that I think about it, it would be a year since The Last of Us and Naughty Dog has been known to press out sequels in two years. Three and a half seems to be their max. So, maybe it's not so hard to see.

it just seems as wishful thinking. as much as i would love for it to happen, it wont most likely not. TLoU2 is utter nonesense. why would they announce a second when uncharted is gonna finally be shown then? also, its just been a year in dev if they started right away after TLoU, which ND said they didnt (unless they were yanking our chain).

i doubt the london studio AAA game too, even though i would love for it to be true.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah that MS rumor is obviously a fanboy's wet dream. You can tell by the way he inserts his personal opinion into it.

darkknightkryta

I like what I hear.  This will be a huge showcase for Sony if true.  Think London's game will be The Getaway 3?

DD_Bwest

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/05/08/insider-confirms-rumors-sony-e3-conference

not sure how to post the tweets contained within this,  but Tidux  "confirming" details

Legend

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/05/08/insider-confirms-rumors-sony-e3-conference

not sure how to post the tweets contained within this,  but Tidux  "confirming" details

7H3

Who is Tidux? and is he reliable
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

DD_Bwest

Who is Tidux? and is he reliable

hes a newer insider whose been dropping bombs the last couple months,  he leaked some 1.7 details, and some other stuff if i remember right.   hes the same guy who said the titan fall stuff today

7H3

interesting... well regardless this e3 should be amazing
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Gooch_Suplex_Hold

Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PS4 as 1080p 60FPS repackaged title in the vein of Gran Turismo 7: Prologue. Stunning visuals, extra features (social connectivity, new tracks, dlc etc). Coming mid-late 2015.

fudge me

When iceman?

Raven

hes a newer insider whose been dropping bombs the last couple months,  he leaked some 1.7 details, and some other stuff if i remember right.   hes the same guy who said the titan fall stuff today

I still think he's too prone to conclusion jumping though I have no doubt he knows people. I still say that unless it came from DemonNite or Verendus you should probably give it less than a 50% chance it's true. Less than that if it's coming from Thuway.

Dr. Pezus

Raven

More evidence that the leak was likely "mostly" fake. If God of War 4 is what Cory Barlog is working on like some rumors suggest then we won't be seeing it any time soon.

http://gearnuke.com/gow-2-directors-project-wont-e3-might-bit-early-reveal-crazy-busy/

the-pi-guy

More evidence that the leak was likely "mostly" fake. If God of War 4 is what Cory Barlog is working on like some rumors suggest then we won't be seeing it any time soon.

http://gearnuke.com/gow-2-directors-project-wont-e3-might-bit-early-reveal-crazy-busy/

What is the God of War: Ascension team doing? 

Raven

What is the God of War: Ascension team doing? 

The problem with that is we don't know if the Ascension team is separate from Barlog's team or if they were folded into Asmussen's team on his project with some of them let go during the project cancellation. Perhaps they stayed separate from both. It's entirely possible that Barlog took over the Ascension team. He returned to Santa Monica in August. A few months later Todd Papy, the head of the Ascension team, left the studio. Right at the time Barlog was looking to put a team together. At its highest, Santa Monica had 240 people. The thing to remember is that doesn't just count developers. It counts support staff as well. Not to mention Santa Monica has a small team or two that assists third-party studios. Now they're sitting on about 200 people. It all depends on how big the teams are. Naughty Dog has two teams with 250 people combined but Guerrilla Games has three teams with 270 people (as of last year) including Cambridge.

Regardless, whatever the Ascension team has been working on they've only been doing it for a year at best. That makes it unlikely that we'll get word on what they've been up to. Although, maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask Barlog if he is now the head of the team that did Ascension or even how many teams Santa Monica has now. Truthfully though, I find it unlikely that Barlog is now the leader of basically a 200 person team.

ethomaz

My take (guesses).

Uncharted PS4 - 100% true
Media Molecule's new title will be a landmark title for Morpheus - It is true.
Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PS4 as 1080p 60FPS repackaged title in the vein of Gran Turismo 7: Prologue - I always said that (late 2015)
God of War 4 teaser will be present - No.
Kill Strain trademark is related to Syphon Filter reboot for PS4. - The game is true but it is not Syphon, new IP
Wipeout is also making the transition to PS4 - No.
Quantic Dream has a trailer prepared - True
Speaking of Ready At Dawn, The Order:1886 will get a stage demo. - Already confirmed by RAD
Ninja Theory working on a PS4 exclusive - Possible.
Sony London will be at E3. - No
Guerrilla Games bringing their RPG to E3. - True
Sucker Punch busy at work on an inFAMOUS: Second Son DLC.  - True
Sony Japan Studios debuting two, maybe even three titles. Project Beast - spiritual successor to Demon Souls. The other is The Last Guardian. - Project Beast true, The Last Guardian false.
Evolution will give Driveclub some time in the limelight. - It is already confirmed a public demo at E3.

Go Up