previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

So I think my predictions are:

Expected Sony:
Extended showing of Spiderman
Extended showing of Demon's souls
UI will be shown throughout the show.  Through booting up games. Get to show off loading times (lack thereof)
FFXVI announced
2 other games announced
Price announced
Release date announced
World famous montage

Less sure of these:
Sony Japan announcement
Horizon 2 update (several at GG have responded to it)
Small BC update (throwing in updates for first party boost modes)

Aggressive Sony:
GT7 trailer for launch day.

Violent Sony:
TLOU 2 factions for launch day.  

Legend

Deranged Sony:
Shadowdrops galore. Make all digital PS5 launch games available right now!!!

Xevross

So I think my predictions are:

Expected Sony:
Extended showing of Spiderman
Extended showing of Demon's souls
UI will be shown throughout the show.  Through booting up games. Get to show off loading times (lack thereof)
FFXVI announced
2 other games announced
Price announced
Release date announced
World famous montage

Less sure of these:
Sony Japan announcement
Horizon 2 update (several at GG have responded to it)
Small BC update (throwing in updates for first party boost modes)

Aggressive Sony:
GT7 trailer for launch day.

Violent Sony:
TLOU 2 factions for launch day.  
I'd say TLOU2 factions is more likely to be launch day than GT7.

the-pi-guy

Deranged Sony:
Shadowdrops galore. Make all digital PS5 launch games available right now!!!
Extra deranged Sony:
PS5 is already in everyone's home.  

Xevross

Extra deranged Sony:
PS5 is already in everyone's home. 
Super deranged Sony:

Pre-installed with Knack 4

Legend

I'll be happy as long as they treat it like a full reveal event. Don't care about new games. Just want to see a detailed rundown of everything we should expect at launch.

Xevross

I'll be happy as long as they treat it like a full reveal event. Don't care about new games. Just want to see a detailed rundown of everything we should expect at launch.
Yeah part of me is disappointed that its only 40 mins so won't be an E3 style big event like the first one was. It'll be interesting to see how they approach it.

kitler53

Yeah part of me is disappointed that its only 40 mins so won't be an E3 style big event like the first one was. It'll be interesting to see how they approach it.
I mean sony clearly said it was going to focus on launch games.  I don't expect this to be devoid of announcements but I don't think we should expect a ton either.  not in 40 minutes...   I expect sony to focus on extended looks into AAA games that will distinguish sony from MS.  this is Sony's next gen strength and what they need the conversation to focus on if they are to remain the console leader.  ..especially now that series s is priced at $299. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Do yall expect any surprises?

Maybe a new game that hasn't been leaked?

Maybe a system feature that's unexpected?

Maybe some hardware secret sauce?

Xevross

Depends if you'd consider FF16 a surprise, I expect that. Also expect Demon Souls to be confirmed this year. Perhaps not launch but 95% sure its 2020. That would be a surprise to some.

A new game that hasn't been leaked? Well maybe, but we wouldn't know about it ;D . I think there'll only be 2-3 new games announced though.

System feature is a weird one, we might see something on the new create button and new UI features but probably nothing huge.

There's no secret sauce and it wouldn't be discussed here anyway.

BananaKing

I dont expect any announcements. Im expecting demos and updates for the games we saw in the earlier event. Maybe a third party game announcement or something. But for 40 minutes I dont expect much new.

Id be happy if we got

Demon souls trailer and date (im expecting launch window)
Spiderman extended gameplay
Returnal extended gameplay
Gt7 trailer and date
Maybe more ratchet

And hopefully some horizon gameplay. Im not sure abiut this one but id be disappointed if it weren't shown.

kitler53

I expect at least one new game.  that doesn't mean I expect it to be a big game.  mostly I expect more details on launch games.  with 40 minutes however that can't mean too many extended looks.  but I will say that if sony has no new announcements sony will have lost the day.

I'm hoping for an unexpected system feature.  I can't think of anything I want but I was pleasently surprised by
- game suspension
- share play
- remote play

...so there is room for more pleasant surprises I'm sure. 

I hope we see some announcement around ps+ and ps now.  I really would like to see a service that let me play all my digital ps5 games on ps4 now for some reasonable premium.

SWORDF1SH

This is a long shot but I think there's a small chance of Uncharted being shown. Even if it's just an Uncharted 4 remaster. In the music to the event reveal viideo they subtly use the "Where is my mind" music . That's the same song they used in a TV spot for Uncharted 4.

kitler53

This is a long shot but I think there's a small chance of Uncharted being shown. Even if it's just an Uncharted 4 remaster. In the music to the event reveal viideo they subtly use the "Where is my mind" music . That's the same song they used in a TV spot for Uncharted 4.
i fully expect that sony's main AAA titles will get some next gen polish.   uncharted, GoW, TLoU2, GoT, Horizon at least.  i personally think the only reason sony isn't talking about it is they want the mass market to be thinking about all the new games sony is bringing and not BC.   BC is cool and all, i don't want to diminish the feature,.. but at the same time new titles is what will drive sales.

kitler53

so it turns out i'm an idiot.  my dentist appointment is today and i can't read.   thank goodness my dentist sent a reminder text today or else i would have missed it because i was fully convinced it was on Wednesday.   so yay,.  i get to watch this live!!

Go Up