XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Legend

Eurogamer: Four years after it was announced, Crackdown 3 is in a tough spot | ResetEra

Eurogamer has a big feature on the history and current state of Crackdown 3 that's worth checking out.

Fast forward to 2018 and Crackdown 3 is in a tough spot. It's suffered multiple delays, met with apathy online and was even rumoured to be cancelled. Behind the scenes, developers - a raft of developers - have worked hard to turn Crackdown 3 into a real video game that will actually come out. They have faced multiple challenges along the way, which, people close to the project speaking with Eurogamer anonymously have indicated, has a lot to do with that pesky cloud-powered multiplayer, its "100 per cent destructible environments" and exactly who is - and isn't - working on the game.Click to expand...
After Microsoft decided to delay Crackdown 3 yet again - the final time the company is willing to do so, I've heard - the many developers working on it were faced with at least another six months of work after having previously thought they'd be done with the project in June 2018. For many of the developers working on Crackdown 3, this latest delay means potentially more crunch for what some expect will be a disappointment of a release no matter how much money and resources Microsoft throws at it.Click to expand...
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-was-announced-crackdown-3-is-in-a-tough-spot  

Legend

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Yes.  
Wrong thread then!
Saw the vid already though. Looking good, very laggy in parts though

Legend

Wrong thread then!
Saw the vid already though. Looking good, very laggy in parts though
It's a microsoft first party game!

Dr. Pezus

But this is the xbox thread  ;)

nnodley

It's actually not.  MS already said that whoever was publishing the game before MS bought them is still publishing and it's still coming to PS4 and Xbox One and PC(I assume).  Anything they make after is first party and exclusive.

the-pi-guy

I'd say it's first party developed still, because MS owns the developer.  

But the PS4 publisher is still Gearbox.

Kerotan

What sort of numbers do you think halo infinite will do? I think it will be one of the worst selling halos ever. There seems to be no hype at all. I had to Google if there was a new halo game coming as I'd completely forgot.

Legend

What sort of numbers do you think halo infinite will do? I think it will be one of the worst selling halos ever. There seems to be no hype at all. I had to Google if there was a new halo game coming as I'd completely forgot.
I need to see gameplay first. They are acting like it's the big Halo comeback so if it nails that it could sell great.

Or if after this it ends up just being Halo 5 round 2, then it'd probably sell pretty poorly. MP could do well at least.

Kerotan

I need to see gameplay first. They are acting like it's the big Halo comeback so if it nails that it could sell great.

Or if after this it ends up just being Halo 5 round 2, then it'd probably sell pretty poorly. MP could do well at least.
Of course they'd act like that though. Can't see it happening in a million years. There's literally no hype for this ip anymore.

Dr. Pezus

Well it will probably be hard to determine because I'm sure it'll be on game pass day 1. I think it'll be quite popular if so, but not like the old halos

Legend

Of course they'd act like that though. Can't see it happening in a million years. There's literally no hype for this ip anymore.
It's kinda interesting that it's marketed like a comeback though. Will they do a full on reimagining? Even if it's not that good, it'd help keep the franchise interesting.

Well it will probably be hard to determine because I'm sure it'll be on game pass day 1. I think it'll be quite popular if so, but not like the old halos
Gamepass will definitely make it do huge numbers since everyone knows about Halo. Measuring success in a gamepass world is hard.

Go Up